IKEA / awful company and its products

I bought a chair. Got home with it, ready to put it together and guess what, the last piece in the... Severely damaged. Needless to say the whole frame is scratched. Now I have to drive again 50 miles to bring it back. And the stupid chair doesn't even fit back in the box. Stay away from ikea. How can they sell such crappy products in the us? I can't believe that I even bother to buy something from them. I have heard that their products suck from many people. I did not believe it. Now I do.

Va

Comments

9th of Nov, 2008

From the post it sounds like you just discovered the part was damaged and haven't driven to IKEA yet. DONT. Have you receipt in hand and call the store first and see if they can send you the part. Although youve probably already driven back and caused a scene at the store.

2nd of Aug, 2009

"How can they sell such crappy products in the US?"

So your implying that they can sell crappy product in any other country but your precious one? Newsflash sweetheart, 99% of your country's product comes from cheap labour in China. And you need to realize that it is shipped across the country and sometimes damages happen!! Pull your head out of your ###.

• Be
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I wanted to purchase a kitchen sink and cabinet for my basement from IKEA. I called IKEA Hicksville NY to see if the items were available and the rep. said there were 6 of each left. I get to the store at 11am and proceed to the kitchen area and the PLANNER very slowly checks downstairs to CONFIRM all the items are there. I make the the purchase at the kitchen planning area and slowly proceed downstairs to furniture pick up and also to pay for the sink drill bit(20 min on line). I get to the furniture pick up area and there are approximately 3 people complaining they have been there too long. 30 minutes later, the girl wheels up the sink top but no cabinet and is expecting me to take it. She said the cabinet was out of stock, if I want a refund go take a number next store @ customer service. 20 minutes later I get my money back and was offered coupons. While there, a man had the same issue but was waiting even longer than me to pick up and out of stock item. I went back to the kitchen planning area to speak to the planner and two planners were discussing(15 min.) where to put a cabinet while 3 customers awaited assistance. 1:20 I leave the store with the understanding of how someone can go postal!!!

• Pi
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    IKEA - Doesn't Back its Products
    IKEA

Bought furniture from Ikea. Had it delivered to my son's apt, a six-floor walkup.

Five months later, the bed fell apart. Ikea won't cover it longer than 90 days from purchase; I must have a receipt; and it has to be brought in to be "looked" at.

So, I would have to disassemble it, carry it down the six flights of stairs I paid to have them bring it up, and drive it to another state.

They won't stand behind it, because its more than ninety days. Maybe they know it won't last too long.

• Po
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I don't think they're asking anything too unreasonable. This may sound odd too, but did you pay a lot for it? Furniture can be one of the few things where quality really depends on how much you spend.