IHOP Renton Washington / manager's bad attitude

Ba Review updated:

First off, I was treated very well by the servers. Prompt and courteous service. My problem is with the female manager who was rude to the waitstaff several times, talking down to them and being quick-tempered in front of customers. She completely ignored the poor Fedex guy who was trying to make a delivery, then made him wait while she helped customers to their tables and worked the cash register. When she thought nobody was paying any attention, she proceeded to belittle him in front of myself and other customers as well. I felt so bad for the guy. I don't see how she can keep her employees coming back to work every day with that attitude. I've got plenty of options for eating out in Renton. I'll take my business somewhere else from now on.

Comments

• Se
      Sep 12, 2011

Renton Ihop employee here. Sorry your experience was not good but I have to say we like our boss. She celebrates our birthdays and helps us out way more than she is required to. Seating guests and taking the register is very helpful and not required of her. Most businesses do not accept fedex deliveries during key business hours- this was the issue at hand here and it has taken quite a bit of effort to get that fixed. I hope that if you ever do return you will have a good experience here but I must say the boss is one of the reasons I do keep returning to work on a daily basis.