ICICI Credit Card / harassment!

United States Review updated:
Phone: 919811207918
I lost my credit card on 20th September 2007 and three fraudulent transactions amounting to INR 11421/- took place. I informed the bank that I do not stand liable as the credit card had my photo on it, the transaction slips did not have my signatures, and it is primarily the liability of the merchant, or at best the bank, as they fail to ensure that the photo is validated. I raised the dispute putting forwards these issues and expected a coherent answer from the bank for the same.

I initiated the formalities at my end by lodging a police complaint, faxing across the police complaint, and a dispute letter to ICICI Bank (complaint no. SR38649484). The handling of the procedure right from the start was at best pathetic on the part of the bank as it took me several efforts to get precise information about the logistics of the formalities from the ICICI customer care and to put across the complaint letter across ICICI. Eventually ICICI's investigating officer (Mr. Govind Singh) also collected the copy of the documents from my residence. Later, he also asked me to fill up a form and post it across Mumbai, which I did.

The bank eventually resolved the dispute in the bank's favor and asked me to pay up the fraudulent amount without any regards to the issues I had raised in the dispute, as specified above. My repeated attempts to request ICICI Customer Care (through ICICI netbanking account) to hear my plea, as they did not responded to the issues I raised, turned futile. As advised further by the ICICI Customer Care, I even sent across a hard copy to raise a dispute to get my concerns appropriately addressed. I did not get the response and only after repeated emails, I started receiving insensitive replies that I need to pay up. Moreover each time there was a new official corresponding who never took the pains to go through the
entire communication and just replied that I need to pay up. I repetitively insisted that if they had any queries then they should call me up and I'll be happy to address any issues, but it was of no use. After this they (ICICI Customer Care) emailed across their investigation report. I was outraged and horrified on going through their investigation report. The report comprised of consistent lies that the investigating team tried to contact me on phone and I did not responded well. The only time they called me up was when they asked me about the number and the value of fraudulent transactions made while I
was in a meeting at office. In reply I requested them to please check out the communication and the dispute I'd raised and then get back to me.

Moreover, the team asked questions and answered them themselves. For example, the report raised a question as to why did I delayed registering the complaint although I received the SMS on my mobile around 30 min before. In conclusion, they seem to doubt my intentions without even asking the question to me. (In fact, the real reason was that I was driving towards home (Delhi) from office (Gurgaon) and I saw the SMS on reaching home). They also indicated that my relative may be involved and that the photo was not clear.

It turns out that the ICICI investigation team is involved in a cover- up process by generating a farce report. The report is totally absurd without any proofs and any coherent process being followed. Moreover the whole process at ICICI is insensitive, clueless, and irresponsible in its approach.

I intend to only pay for the amount liable to me and not for the fraudulent transactions. Moreover, I am hassled, stressed, and outraged by ICICI's approach towards their customers. I now intend to take-up this issue to ensure that this does not get repeated with any one else and the bank acts more responsibly to ensure a safety mechanism to prevent misuse of the credit cards.

February 2008

ICICI continues to harass me on the phone and had sent a recovery agent at my home today. I am totally hassled and am seeking a way to put message straight across to ICICI.

Comments

As
  4th of Jul, 2008
Refer my request dated 03.07.2008 .I have not heard from you .Send my card No. statement 5176 5335 4691 8019 on email address and note my changed address compained to you on 03.07.2008

Mobile No. 09779021580
Di
  16th of Nov, 2008
To
The customer service officer
Mr Harashil Mehata

Sir,
Icici credit card No. 4477477064910009

The above mentioned credit card No. statement was received on 13, 11.8 at evening. But the payment due date was on 6.11.08. So I am not responsible for delay payment . hence, no interest is applicable on the bill amount. I f you claim it in my next bill I shall not pay it.
Dipak chandra
Am
  26th of Nov, 2008
Dear Sir / Madam,

Urgent Request.

I have an ICICI Platinum Credit Card and i took loan on it of Rs 80, 000 on the reducing rate of interest. I informed ICICI local office as well as the Bombay office also to print my bill folio on the date 21st of the month so i will get due to the next month till 10th.As i am salaried person and my salary is credited into my account till 08th.Bank is not taking any interest on the above matter hence charging late fees every month.

I am paying my interest on regular basis with the late fees. If bank is not going to action on my above query, I will stop paying the amount and please waive off the late fees which bank already charged.

I do not want to go for the nonsence.As i have good relation with other banks.
I would like to request you to action on my above query and revert on my personal mail (aryan.amit23@hotmail.com) and also call me on my mentioned mobile number 9911014541.

My card no. is 4629 8642 7572 1001

Kindly consider the above matter on high priority.

Thanks & Regards,