ICICI Bank Corp Ltd. / wrong late fee charges
I have a salary account with ICICI Bank. I would like to inform that my salary or funds transfer on the 7th or 8th day of every month and requisition of the same is sent by our company on 5th or 6th day of the month.
Also, there are some ECS transactions which held through my salary account on the 7th, 8th or 9th day of the month.
In Feb 2007, our company sent salary transfer request to bank on 6th Feb, 2007 as it normally does. But due to some technical problems in banks system the funds could not be transferred by the morning of Feb 08, 2007. I had been checking my funds transfer status during whole night of Feb 07 in the office.
On Feb 11, when I checked my account statement on net I found there were to penalties of Rs. 224/- due to ECS return as the funds were not transferred by the morning of Feb 08.
I mean to say the bank had funds transfer request with it but they did not transfer it due to system error or whatever, they had ECS transaction request also, but they preferred ESC transaction first.
Due to insufficient funds they levied ESC return charges to my account that too without my information (please note this is a salary account with a so called largest pvt bank in India).
If the funds transfer request was pending with them and they were not able to transfer funds due to their system error they can not levy charges on ECS return. Because it's their fault.
I hope my complaint will be listened by authorities.
More ICICI Bank Corp Ltd. Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - current account
- ICICI Bank - icici bank credit card
- ICICI Bank - tricks customers in to buying their insurance schemes while transacting through net banking
- ICICI Bank - transaction dispute
- ICICI Bank - cpp one assist/ unauthorised charges from my account