ICICI Bank / charged wrongly for bank's fault!
I had made a remittance request with ICICI Bank's Money 2 India website to transfer my funds from Canada to India in November 2006. However, when the funds did not reach me for over a month, in December, I made a request with firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel my remittance request. The bank confirmed by email that this request has been canceled. Following which, I also called up my foreign bank in Canada to make a stop payment of the cheque since I didn't want it to get abused. My foreign bank charged me CAD 10 and confirmed my request as accepted.
Now, on January 14, ICICI Bank made me a provisional credit against this canceled request (without waiting to first debit the foreign funds from my foreign bank). I promptly wrote to them about this and asked them to reverse this credit. They did so, but they have debited INR 3000 more than what they credited and now they are telling me that its because of difference in exchange rate that they need to do so.
I have been debited extra amount because of bank's following problems:
1. After confirming the cancellation of my M2I request - they went ahead and made the provisional credit. Why?
2. After realizing their mistake, instead of apologizing and reversing the credit, they have not apologized and to make matters worse they have debited INR 3000 more.
I am now struggling to get my extra debited money back from ICICI Bank. And we call it the best performing private bank of the country. Its just terrible. Hoping that someone here can do something to sort this out.
More ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - current account
- ICICI Bank - icici bank credit card
- ICICI Bank - tricks customers in to buying their insurance schemes while transacting through net banking
- ICICI Bank - transaction dispute
- ICICI Bank - cpp one assist/ unauthorised charges from my account