ICICI Bank / credit card payment dispute

Complaint Board Dated: 3rd Sep 2007
Sub: Dispute with ICICI Bank regarding credit card

I am Gautam Kathuria R/o 764,Dr.Mukherjee Nagar,New Delhi.
I am a user of ICICI bank’s credit card since last two years. My credit card number is-[protected].

With the issue of card in Mar-Apr 2005, I started using it frequently but inspite of the usage I did’nt got any billing statement from them.I started getting calls from collection department(videocon tower,jhandewalan extn) in the very first month of issue of my credit card for my due payment so I told them and asked them for my statement so that I can pay my bill.But instead of issuing me the statement they send their agent personally to me to collect the amount and gave me the acknowledgment in that regard,they even apologized and promised me for the next month’s statement.
But unfortunately I didn't got the statements continuously for nine months,and they used to collect the amount personally with the same old apologies and stories.

I do have all the acknowledgments of the bills paid by me to their agents but after nine months when I got my first ever statement as on 18 Dec 2005 it was unfairly with Late payment fees and interest charges of Rs.3954 regarding previous nine months of certainly the amount which I already paid and having acknowledgments of them with me.
I called up again to make a complaint as I thought it would have been a result of a misunderstanding but my call had no result.

I again got one more billing statement next month and this time with increased outstanding late fees and interest charges of Rs.4398.As a result I again called up to them and an agent named Priya(Tel no [protected]) of collection department, Videocon tower,Jhandewalan Extention, suggested me and hence send to me a “Dispute Form” and asked me to submit it with a fees of Rs.510/- and assured to me that with this form all of the false charges made upon me till now will automatically get reversed. I didn't had any other option so I did filled the form and submitted it back with the fees on 10 Mar 2006.

But unfortunately this Dispute Form also didn't work and I continuously receiving the wrong billing statements. But I continued using my credit card because of their assurance to me that wrong charges will automatically get reversed. I never made any dispute regarding my payments and made them always on time. One day I made a heavy transaction of Rs.35000/- dated [protected] on my credit card and they offered me to give the payments in six installment of Rs 5835/- each with a processing fee of Rs.1950/- . I agreed to them for the sake of my convenience. After completion of all the six installments, I started getting dangerous threats from the agents named Ashish(tel no 39874000 and 45528045) , Neeraj (mob no [protected]), of collection department , C.P. branch (as told to me).
I was always polite to them and tried to explain my problem to them in spite of their regular misbehavior on subsequent calls, but my words had no effect on them and they threatened me continuously till date.
Now the story has come to Rs.18000/- as continuous increase in late charges according to icici bank. As a result I again got a call from an agents named Neeraj and Ria of collection department at videocon tower (jhandewalan extn) and they asked me to visit their branch,if I wanted to clear my dues. I agreed and met them on [protected] at videocon tower branch. I explained the matter to Mr.Neeraj(mob no [protected]) and Mr.Vicky (work stat no 2D14 department credit card), they then verified the records and accepted their mistake and even apologized on behalf of icici bank for the inconvenience I am facing since a very long time.
But my satisfaction lasted for just few minutes because next was their demand from me for the whole amount of Rs.18000/- in spite of their apology. When I denied to them , they started negotiating with me and tried to settle the amount at Rs.10000/- ILLEGALLY. I rejected their negotiation and made up my mind to seek help from you.
I am totally disappointed and fed up with icici bank as this is the worst experience I ever had in my life.

Yours truly,
Gautam Kathuria

N  24th of Jun, 2014 by
Hi, my name is Yukti Jaiswal...ICICI bank has got a very poor credit card services. I have applied for coral visa card thrice but every time i didnt get any application number, thier executive also dont pick up the phone and whenever i call on customercare they say they didnt get my application and my documents. The have very poor services and i m very unhappy with this.

ICICI Bank Logo ICICI Bank