ICICI Bank and SBI / mistake or fraud??

1 India Review updated:
Phone: +919986027507

I am holding my salary account in ICICI Bank.
I transferred an amount of Rs 10000.00 from my ICICI bank account , to my SBI A/c on 1st, Dec, 2007. The amount has not yet been credited to my account.

I informed the same to the ICICI bank customer care and was informed that the funds has been successfully transferred on December 01, 2007 with reference number 579355 to State Bank of India through EFT.

I was suggested to co-ordinate with the branch for further assistance. On 20th December SBI, Dhakuria Branch informed me in written that they have not received any such ammount.

Now it seems that I have lost Rs 10000 or some mistake or fraud on part of the bank.

Comments

• Vi
      4th of Jan, 2008

My wife and I have lost considerable sum of money due to negligence of ICICI bank. ICICI is a rogue bank who will tell lies and cheat openly. SUe ICICI bank and go after this rogue bank. Unless we all do that it won't get a lesson.

• Na
      31st of Jan, 2008

I faced similar situation. I transferred some amount from Citibank to SBI Dhakuria and the amount was not credited. Citibank issued one confirmatory letter (On citibank letterhead)which I had shown to the branch manager of SBI. The branch manager acknowledged that it was their mistake and credited my amount then and there. I advise you to please follow the procedure and meet the SBI branch manager and noone else in the branch. Most of the staffs of that branch know nothing and they will just harrass you. Ask for the confirmatory letter from ICICI bank and show that to the SBI branch manager. If it does not solve your problem then talk to the SBI service branch or straight lodge a complaint with SBI grievance cell or RBI. Best of luck.

• Ka
      19th of Sep, 2008

I along with my Uncle open an account in SBI Meja Branch in the year 1983 and after 1997 account was operatin by my uncle only. In the year 2003 official of SBI Meja refuse to pay him saying that his Signature is not tallied and this was due to lost of his eye sight. he has tried his best to get the money but all the time he has been refused to pay the amount.and due to this act account was not operated. In this time i (Kamala Kant Yadav)was out of station due to my job. After my arrival when i ask the manager to operat my account he refuse to pay my money saying that account is dead. and not refunded the money in the account. My Account No. is Saving Account No. 2752