IC Systems, Inc / rude, threatening and abusive behavior

1 Roanoke Rapids, NC, United States Review updated:

Everyday, very early in the morning and late at night we get phone calls from this company. We answer the phone and a pleasant woman fields the call to an abusive male debt collector.

Our account came past due on our cell phone with Sprint. IC Systems says that they bought the debt from Sprint and we now have to pay them. When we try to set up payment arrangements they either hang up on us or say "Refusal to pay noted on your account" then hang up. I called them back...I was ready for a good fight. I explained what had happened to the new operator and he tried to do the same thing. I was having none of it. I told him that it was NOT a refusal to pay, that we are trying to arrange to pay the debt in full the following Friday (which happens to be our pay day). He then yelled at me "How is this NOT a refusal to pay?!" I calmly replied back that it was not a refusal as I am trying to set up the payment arrangement. After he continued to yell at me, I told him not to call the house again that I would be contacting an attorney and hung up on him...all the while he is still yelling and screaming at me/over me.

I then decided that since it was so late in the evening (9 pm) I would call customer service for Sprint. The woman I spoke to about the debt was incredible. She was kind, curtious and apologized for something beyond her control. She told me that NO the debt had not been sold to anyone, but YES it had been placed in coleection, BUT would not be sold until July 3rd. We found reprieve! We made arrangements to pay the debt in full and have service restored with a much better plan. I am DYING to speak with IC Systems again...through a lawyer.

I have told them not to call again as we are aware of the debt. After doing this any call that comes after is harassment and I will be recording them (letting the caller know that it is being recorded). Needless to say, I am angry with this company and the people that they have working for them. This is bad business no matter how you look at it.

Gr

Comments

• Sp
      8th of Jul, 2008

i disagree... ic system has been nothing but nice to me with helping me set up a payment arraingment!
    i dont think they would have marked your refusal if you would have just set up a post dated check by phone. that would have solved that whole issue, because then they can secure that account from credit reporting. problem solved.

• Sp
      8th of Jul, 2008

de de de. your a debtor.

10th of Jul, 2008

just set up a payment plan, they will work with you
    its a collection agency for sake, give them a guaranteed payment
    or just pay it and dont put yourself in that position again
    sorry but thats what comes with not paying your bill, , , , collections plus your credit report marked bad

13th of Sep, 2008

I canceled my sprint account in may 2008 because my phone was stolen and the bll was $300 and the customer service was unwilling to help in anyway. My bill was normally $100 per mont. I recieved a bill in June for $800 dollars which I did not have at the time. I made $100 payments June July And August. In August I received a letter form I C Systems stating that It would go on my credit report if I did not pay in full by 8-29-08. How could it be sent to collections if I never stopped making payments? Anyway I payed it in full 9-12-08 but it is already on my credit report. Does this sound like fair credit reporting?

Any comments?