Menu
CPS Security
reviews & complaints

CPS Security
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

11 complaints
5 resolved 6 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CPS Security. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:43 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On August 22, 2019 I received a letter from you stating that my company had a returned check from Winn Dixie-Bi-Lo. When I researched the check the bank had no record of the check being returned and did not have any record of it period. There would usually be a NSF sent along with a fee but there was no record at my bank at all of this check. I searched my...

7:34 pm EDT

CPS Security - unethical behavior

Dear. CPS:
I am Mr. Thomas Roy Vandivier. I completed my CPS security application online Tuesday, 4/24/19. I was "texted "Wednesday, 4/24/19, to go into the Long Beach CPS Office for further filing of application, to bring ID/Driver's License and my Security Guard Card.
I then called Mike to say I have all items needed to be hired. Mike stated for me to go into Long Beach office for an interview. Mike stated there were full time Security Guard positions available.
I met up with Mike and he went on to say, "I lied on my application", I was confused. Mike told me because I selecting no, instead of yes to question" Have you ever worked for CPS before?"
However, I did attach my resume via online, which clearly states in the previous job section I worked for CPS previously.
Mike stated, I lied on my application; this was the 1st disrespectful act from Mike.
I tried to explain to Mike that I accidentally hit wrong answer, it was not intentionally and if he looked at my resume, he could see CPS is listed as a previous job.
Mike stated he would have to see what Upper Management would say, and he would contact me later today (Wednesday, 4/24/2109)

Thursday, April 25, 2019, one day after ...Since I had not received any contact from Mike, I called the Long Beach CPS Office and I did not get an answer...I continued to call Long Beach CPS Office over and over and still no answer..
I then asked a family member to use their phone and I called Mike; he answered!
As I began to ask Mike, hey what's going on, I have been calling your number all morning?
Mike then said, "Oh you turned down jobs with CPS in the pass, I can't hire you and you will never get hired with CPS!"
I explained to Mike, that I never turned down jobs offered to me as an employee of CPS.
Years ago, after working for CPS for almost 2 years, CPS lost their contract at the Security Guard Post I was working, which left me without a job
CPS did call to offer me 2 days and again 3 days per week jobs...I needed at least 5 to 6 days...I was the main provider of income for my family and I...The CPS supervisor stated he understood and would contact me once he got a job for at least 5 days.
2 days and 3 days per week jobs were not enough; this work would only pay for the gas in my car to and from work.
I was not out character ever when speaking to Mike. I do feel Mike discriminated against, because Mike continued to seek problems with me from previous security jobs...One incident, the supervisor wrote a report for "no call no show". The supervisor assumed it was me, but after further investigation, the supervisor realized it was not me, instead it was another male employee. I am always on time; I do not call/take off from work... I am a sincere worker, I am reliable and dependable.
Mike then tells me "I will never be hire by CPS" and hung up the telephone...I feel belittled, tossed to the side, ignored and totally disrespected. Mike has me feeling that he does not want to hire me for CPS because of my race, my age and/or my weight...This has bothered me mentally and emotionally.
I am in dire need of employment and if Mike is creating issues for people of my race, my age and my weight...This is total discrimination...Not acceptable!
How do I go about settling this injustice matter? This is why I am writing you to help me resolve this issue.
I can be reached via email: [protected]@gmail.com or [protected]@yahoo.com
Your immediate reply and solution would be deeply appreciated. I thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Thomas R. Vandivier
[protected]

Hide full review
M
10:43 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Just an FYI to those who receive a notice from CPS Security, San Anotonio, TX regarding checks that have been returned from retailers. I called Walgreens this morning 7/3/17, after they phished my 87 year old Mother by mail regarding a check that was declined by the bank. They have the check number, the correct date of the check, and the amount of the...

12:58 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The company is well known in CA, AZ, NM, FL, TX, LA. they are not very popular in the northern states. they offer inexpensive security packages in order to save there clients money. How do they save money and cut cost, its a really A simple concept, they just sleep on the job and do absolutely nothing while you build your job site up. this is known as there...

5:22 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

this is the worst collection agency i think i have ever dealt with. you can not get an honest answer out of anyone there. i have been 5 weeks trying to resolve my issue and all i get is runaround and lies. i have had enough i am planning to file a civil suit against them this month. in the meanwhile my account with hsn has been forced to be closed...frankly...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a letter from cps security last month. I called and spoke with frank (Very rude) and he told me he was not going to write down my attorney's information and hung up on me. I received another letter on today, threatening *attorney assignment for debt collection* debt file assembled for local/in-state action. Spoke with frank again today and...

B
2:52 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a notice in the mail from cps security about a returned check they said needed to be paid. Well, this check was paid in nov. 2010 to audit systems inc. I called cps security and asked the guy on the phone why I was getting this when it was already paid, and 3 months after the fact. He was totally rude, arrogant and unprofessional. He told me to...

10:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a notice of a debt I have no idea what it is about. I have soent 1 hour trying to contact this cps security & it is absurd. When I enter the # 9 to see what it is all about I get a recording the the mailbox cannot accept any more messages. An the people actually get away with this? Is this just a scam to get people to send them money as they get...

M
1:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a letter from CPS-Security today saying I owed some money for a returned check dated 7/26/09. I called the number at the top of the letter (San Antonio Tx) to see what was going on and why so long ago. The man that answered said I would have to pay it today because they have sent 5 letters out to me and they are going to file a suit on me. I...

A
3:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been receiving phone calls from cps securities for the last couple of weeks. All the message would say, when one was left, is 'this is cps for april g...! We are calling regarding your credit card!' I finally answered the call this afternoon to find out it was about a purchase I made through hsn, unknowingly! They were so rude, disrespectful, and...

1:49 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As soon as I recieved the notice I called to make good with my debtor. I told them I could make a 100 dollar payment on this peticular day and make the rest up on the following wednesday ( 2 days afterward of the initial 100 dollar payment). roger nelson's supervisor of which he would not release his name to me said that he would not accept my money. I...

CPS Security contacts