Iberia.com / Cheap company rather than a low cost one

On the 16th of sept. 2006 I was confirmed on your flight [IB0211] taking off from Malaga to Madrid to
catch flight [IB3234] heading home. I reached the airport and actually was queuing for my flight well before the statutory 45 minutes of the boarding time. Prior to reaching the counter #212, the ground hostess announced the flight was closed. In order to catch my Madrid flight, I was further recommended by your people to buy a new ticket on 'AirEuropa', next door. I had no choice but to pay AirEuropa 206.90E to purchase this ticket on flight [UX3035]. I was checked-in on that flight in no time.
Upon my arrival in Madrid I had to rush to the international T4. I took my breath arriving at the
counter 50 minutes prior to the boarding time. To my great disappointment, once again, I was told in a most untactful tone that the flight was closed and that my name would be put on the waiting list for the next day's flight. I had to spend the night at the airport without accomodation nor food vouture. Next day, while standing waiting at the gate to embark on the [IB 6974], the ground hostess jubilantly advise that I would be allowed on board. Unfortunetly this was a foundless statement. The earlist confirmed seat would be after 2 more days. Apparently there was no flight the following day. Once again I was left at the airport without accomodation nor food vouture. Besides, I had one single entry visa and I had to go accross the pass control back and forth. The second morning I phoned my travel agent in Cairo, they confirmed that indeed I had an OK status and I was entitled to fly on yesterday flight, going back to your customer service desk they could not deny this fact. To make a long story short, I switched to EgyptAir flight [MSR 0742], where I was welcome in an unmatched manner. I trust you visualised the ordeal I went thr' during these 3 days, no food nor hotel vouture and going thr' pass control back and forth, having only one entry single visa. I do appreciate that at times a plane may be over booked. However in such cases all civilised airlines, which I thought Iberia was one of them, would make a general offer to all holders of confirmed seat, such as my case, to volunterely exchange their tickets to the next available flight. As sweetner the potential passenger will be offered meals, or room and board as the case may be, and a sum of money as compensation for the undue delay. In full fairness, I should take part of the blame. I was looking for a low cost company, it bore out to be a cheap company rather than a low cost one, more deceiptful is that the company functions under the umbrella of Iberia, a distinguished part of the europeen common market. In most charitable words your company, by no means a credit to that name.

I wish you consider changing your company into a 'charter company'.

N  22nd of Oct, 2007 by
I have a positive comment rather than a complaint. On my return from Madrid to Dulles on October 18th two employees of Iberia Airlines helped me to locate and then return a package I had left in the compartment above my seat. Their names are Rosa Ramirez and Laura Hincapie. They are two special people and are a credit to Iberia Airlines!
N  13th of Jun, 2010 by
where my won .. in this year nokia uk mobile promo...for claims call: 0101412917 and email: hooney70@yahoo.com thanks... hany fawzy naguib ... cairo egypt...

Iberia Airlines Logo Iberia Airlines