Hyundai Verna Crdi / under performance and noise in new car

1 India Review updated:

To whomsoever it may concern,

I bought a hyundai verna vgt ( crdi ) on february 15,2007 from rama hyundai, okhla. The car is just two and a half months old. It has been driven 3300 kms till date. After covering the first 900-1000 kms there was a very peculiar / irritating noise which was different from what the diesel engine makes.

On showing it to the authorized hmp showroom at mathura road at the first service ( 1200 kms ) they said they recognized the noise was there and wud check and revert. They did not do a damn thing and the noise still continued.

I was terribly upset and went back to rama hyundai workshop to get it checked. They were cooperative enough to check and give time to the car, finally they caught hold of the problem, this was the ticking noise from the hlas ( hydraulic lash adjusters ).

They said it wud be changed and we need time to order this part before it can be changed. The day this check up was done ( april 30, 2007 ) since then the car is under performing, it has lost pick up, smoothness and the boost it earlier used to have, it is working like any old generation non crdi unit. Between [protected] rpm it is simply dead. I have lost my patience with the car. I have visited the workshops atleast a dozen times but the car is not working alright.

My objections are as below:

1 ) why is there a fault in the new car , are they not being tested / quality controlled before dispatch ???

2 ) are sub standard materials being used by hyundai on a rs 8 lac + car ???

3 ) why are spare parts not available readily ? ( they take more than a week to be available at the authorized workshop ) unlike hondas and toyotas as i own them.

4 ) is the staff adequately trained to handle this new product after almost a year that the product has been launched ??

I seek your help / solution in rectifying the problem with the seriousness it should be given so that i do not feel ashamed about being associated with hyundai.

Please consider this complaint / request with top most priority so that the problem is solved asap and i may not need to take any further action.

K regards
Saurabh kapoor

Comments

Fe
  26th of Apr, 2008

I’ve planned to buy a Hyundai Verna CRDi Sx ABS in Last week of April 2008 from M/s. Morani Hyundai, Jaipur (Rajasthan). I was served by an executive called Mr. Subhash Meena, who is indeed a very courteous, polite, understanding and responsive person, I finalized, booked & gave him a Cheque of Margin Money on 15/04/2008 and was cleared from my bank account on 17/04/2008.

The booking was done on commitment of his (Subhash Meena’s) immediate boss, so called Sales Manager (Team Manager), Mr. Amit Manu (Ex-Honda Employee) who is 100% un-professional, Un-reliable, and even un-faithful to his employer (Which I sensed after talking to him regarding the status of my car over telephone calls made to him) he assured & gave me a sure-shot commitment to that the car will be delivered positively by 22nd of April 2008 as they didn’t had that variant & color in stock and the logistics takes about 7-8 days to reach from Chennai (Hyundai Factory) to Jaipur.

On my phone call to him on 22nd April to know the whereabouts of my car, he said “All the cars are dispatched from Chennia Factory of Hyundai on 21st & will take another weeks time to reach Jaipur as our seth ji (Boss) was unable to send the advance payment DD to them (Hyundai Company) because of two reasons: i) Insufficient Funds ii) His main concentration & interest is in selling Honda Scooters (Honda-Pleasure)”. They are authorized dealers of Honda Pleasure Scooters also.

I told him “What the hell!!, You’re telling me this now??? You tell me the actual about the status of my car now” he said “I’m Sorry Sir, I’ll try to arrange your car from Kota, Bikaner, Ajmer or Alwar, just wait for my call I will revert back to you after an hour”, for which I’m still waiting.

I was desperately waiting for his call till 25th then finally called up Subhash Meena (his junior) to know the status of the car, he asked me that he will let me know after talking to his boss Amit Manu. He called up Amit Manu and was replied harshly that this is not office hours (9:10pm) and you sleep peacefully & let the customer f**k himself, I’m on leave tomorrow and day after is Sunday, on Monday we will see what can be done. This was narrated to me as it is as the boy is innocent and does not understand politics.

We have 3 dealers of Hyundai now in Jaipur, but I seriously feel that Hyundai is not keeping up good track on the HR or recruitment of staff at dealer points. These people are all un trained, un professional and makes silly commitments and then vanish keeping the customer nowhere. The girls kept at the front desk of showroom are mostly belonging from sub-standard hindi medium based families and are more keen in talking to their boyfriends over the cell phones in the corners of the showroom keeping the customers waiting to respond for their queries.

I’m going to be a new customer of Hyundai; god knows when will I get the delivery of my car and what will happen with after sales service with these people.

Mo
  6th of Nov, 2008

Read my bad experience... http://www.carwale.com/Research/ReadFullUserReview.aspx?rid=3025

I was given a damaged car!!

Jl
  11th of Sep, 2009

REQUESTB TO THE PEOPLE DONT BUY HYUNDAI PRODUCT, IT GIVE YOU ONLY NIGHTMARE AND SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, THINK BEFORE BUY THE PRODUCT OF HYUNDAI

Dr
  5th of Jul, 2011
Hyundai Verna Crdi - steering oil leak
Hyundai
India

I've a Hyundai Verna CRDI; for the last few days it's steering oil has started leaking. The local dealer from where I got my car says that the whole steering needs to be replaced. My car is 2008 model and till now there has been no major issue but this one, kindly reply back with a reasonable solution.