Hyundai Motor Finance Company / unsolicited phone calls

Less than 15 days late on a car payment and I receive calls daily harassing me for money. According to the people who phone, this is hmfc's policy as it is computer-driven. You actually start getting calls 6 days overdue. By 15 days we were getting up to about 12 per day.

I recommend you seriously consider before financing your car with these people - when things go wrong the harassment is unbelievable, many of the staff are rude and most do not record the conversation on their computer.

I am also in the process of lodging a formal complaint via the florida office of financial regulation (www.flofr.com). fyi section 806 of fair debt collection practices act prohibits abusive communication and harassment tactics. Subsection 5 of the above prohibits harassment with multiple calls.

Da

Comments

• Vi
      15th of May, 2007
    Hyundai Motors India - Unfair business practices
    India

I have purchased Santro Xo on 26th Sep 06 from Lakshmi Hyundai, Visakhapatnam and was offered an Exchange discount of Rs.5000/- (I have sold a Maruti 800 car). After delivery of the car it was told that this money will be reimbursed by Hyundai company in due course. In spite of repeated follow up directly and through phone, we are yet to receive this amount.

If the offer was real, it could have been paid instantly, I understand that this is just a fraudulent practice to woo customers.

27th of May, 2007

The exchange discount requires you to submit following docs. with the dealership within 30 days of you buying the car:-

Old R/C of Your Old Car in your name and address
    New R/C of Your Old Car with name transfered to the buyer.
    Your New R/C of New Car.
    Remember The address of the Old R/C of your old car should match with the new R/C of your new Car if you are not buying under same name.
    Did you submitted the above documents within 30 days?

• De
      20th of Jun, 2007
    Hyundai Santro Xl - Dealers rattling behavior
    India

SACHIN HYUNDAI, HALDWANI an authorized dealer of the uttaranchal state has not marked my satisfaction ever since i purchased this santro xl on the 15th of june 2007. There mere behavior of being partial to individual customers is quite rattling. They have been promising various car accessories as free gifts during booking i.e pre-delivery. BUT once the vehicle is out of the showroom things take a drastic change... apart from this, you are astonished when you come across another customer buying the same model; being offered and gifted free some expensive accessories just because he's somewhat related to a person working there itself.

THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE... AND WHEN I JUST REQUESTED FOR A PETTY STUFF i.e a rear speaker tray... their denial and refusal was such a pinch that made me feel AM I NOT WORTH IT or IS IT THAT I'VE BEEN CHEATED OR DUPED ???

Here lies the question... seeking a favorable response.

• Ra
      11th of Jul, 2008
    Hyundai Motors - Non receipt of RC
    Hyundai
    www.hyundai.co.in

I have bought a Santro from Surhit Services, Delhi on 30th Mar 08. Till 11th July i haven't got any registration number. Facto fo the matter is that they didn't even submitted the papers to the haryan registration authorities. I must have made at least 500 calls to the persons ranging from sales executive (Chander), Manager(Prakash Bhardwaj) to Vice President (Mohit Chabra) but of no help. They even stopped taking my calls. The reason they gave was some financial problem at their end. For last 2.5 months my car is lying in the garage. I have even registered a complaint to Hyundai 20 days back. But that is also not fruitful as their response is pretty much the same as their dealers.

I have posted this message to alert any potential customer of SURHIT as well as HYUNDAI. Please beware of such fraud dealers.

13th of Sep, 2008
    Hyundai - After 5000 miles i need 1000 dollar service
    708 west entiat # B
    Phone: 509-582-7230

I just picked up a xg300 2001 hade 5581 miles on the car
    Your Sales person Did not inform me about the replacemment of timing belt and sparks plugs are do @ 6000 miles and the cost is about 1000 dollars
    I have only put a little under 5000 miles on this car and now from march too now 8-29-08
    WHY was not infromed of this even after my frist oil change at 5800 miles
    I was not told by sales person
    I payed for extra insurance I cant even use it on any thing.
    I also have a rear view mirror that is not coverd why do I pay for this
    I would like at the very least half of this stuff payed for by you, at least I am trying to be fair
    I will pay the rest

WOULD SOMEONE THAT WORKS FOR HYUNDIA STAND UP FOR YOUR SALES PERSONS AND YOUR CARS

• Fr
      14th of Jul, 2009

I agree with the persons complaint about Hyundai Motor Finance Company. I get calls 6 days after the due date from HMFC, they may call 10 to 12 times in one day. HMFC may try to use the FDCPA in their favor by stating that they are the original creditor therefore they are not subject to the same laws as collection agencies or third party collection companies. However the law also states that more than 5 calls a day could be considered harassment. Not only are the calls abusive because of multiple calls but I have proof that HMFC has called before 8:00 am in the morning. However HMFC believes certain laws do not apply to them. Last year I had some accrued late charges on my account, HMFC decided to rewrite the sales contract by taking my late fees and reducing my regular monthly car payment to pay for the outstanding late fees. As a result HMFC wrote me a letter stating that I was 45 days behind in my car payments, because I did not make a full payment. I did make a full payment but HMFC shorted my regular car payment. Even thought I was only 20 days past due according to my current car payment. HMFC said if I did not pay the outstanding late fees and the current car payment now, HMFC would repose my car. I had my attorney read my car contract and could not find anywhere in the contract where they could take outstanding late fees from my regular car payment. Which is violation and breach of the contract. I also called the DMV, Attorney Generals Office, and another law firm and they agreed with me, that HMFC had no legal right to do what they did. Even thought HMFC does not have to follow the same rules as third party collection agencies they can still be charged with HARASSMENT, FRAUD, and calling before 8:00 am. We the people need to file a class action law suit against HMFC! Sincerely Fred.

• Da
      21st of Jul, 2009

i am a former employee hyundai motor finance company and they really do think they are above the law. your absolutely right about the harassing phone calls and the way they apply your payments. also check your credit report. they are constantly pulling customers credit reports to find out info on them. this has to be illegal because it shows as an inquiry and lowers your credit score and they do this @ least once a month. this is one of many consumer violations they conduct on a daily basis. i encourage you to pursue a class action lawsuit because you will probably win.

• Fo
      8th of Aug, 2009

As a former HMFC employee I must say that you have no idea what goes on here. These are just a few of the issues. There are wrongful repos (cars p/u even though a pymt arrangement has been made), field visits intended to imtimidate, etc. Worst, there are violations against there own employees who complain about wrongful treatment and even terminations over complaints about violations of federally protected matters. I recommend you refi with someone else and tell all your friends and family.

• Li
      15th of Sep, 2009

I agree HMFC should be put out of business They called everyone in my family while my husband was very sick in the hospital for 3.5 months before he died and they repo my car even after I was making some payments to them with no warning. they took the last 5 days of my husband life away from me I had no car to get there i continue to pay while i was planning a funeral and still no car they still have not received my 12 yes 12 fax i sent them so i can find out where my plates are and my personnel items are. they have Hyundai Assurance for who?? that of load of crap. all those commercials are nothing but lies.
    No one should purchase any Hyundai's We need to start a Class action lawsuit I know there are millions of people just like me out there if no one reports it they will continue to do business this way.

• Ka
      28th of Nov, 2016

@Lisaanta I am in on the class action lawsuit if you start one. I bet a lot of people from the sounds of it would be for it. katievsantos@gmail.com

• Dw
      27th of Sep, 2009

I have a car financed through HMFC and my car was suppose to be paid off this year last month. Come to find out I have almost two more years left to pay on this car. I would have never financed a car with them for 7 years that is absolutely ridiculous. They are coming to repo my car or I have to pay them the full amount. They repoed both of my neices cars they are the worst and they had payment arrangements. I'm so done with them and I would not recommend them to anyone.

• Ko
      10th of Oct, 2009
    United Hyundai - Awful company
    United Hyundai

They filled out the credit reports all but for the income section on both reports, and had us sign them. When I requested the reports from Wells Fargo Bank, they really didn't want to give them to me. I looked at the reports and seen they had fabricated the household income on both reports. The first one dated 10/20/07 showed income of over 7000.00 when actually it can be proven the total income was less than 3000.00. They had my wifes income at 1250.00 and my income at 7251.00. Then in November we go back to get another car they submitted the credit app to Wells Fargo Bank who again approved the loan. This time the credit app shows my wifes income at 4200.00and my income at 3424.00. The first car was a Chrysler Aspen which we got on 10/20/07 and I took it back two days later and wanted my old car and was informed that since we filled out the paperwork for financing(which had not been approved yet) I was stuck that I had to take the car.So I am now stuck with a 2007 aspen that I do not want. Also the car I supposedly traded in which was a 2006 tiburon up-graded sports model with a kelly blue book value of 16, 000 and I owed 25, 286.00 which they paid off and added on the purchase price of the Aspen.

• Re
      27th of Oct, 2009

All they have done was lie to me from the very beginning. I was two months late on my payments, and they reposessed my car. Then they gave me the run around for two weeks until not only did I have to pay for another month due, but until they shipped my car to phoenix to be auctioned. I did everything they told me to do, which was fax out information (which I found out they lost after someone told me it was under managment review...so I had to pay to have it faxed out TWICE), wait 4 days for them to tell me that it was approved, paid the 1200 I owed, and then they gave me the number to the place that had my car. They told me that hyundai gave them the okay to ship it out on the 20th. I found this out on the 26th...after I paid them on the 21st. Now whenever I want to speak with a manager, I always get his machine! I really wish there was something I could do to get my car back without having to spend out of pocket again because of their foul up

• Ve
      22nd of Dec, 2009

I was laid off back in February. I've made every attempt to make my payment on time. My unemployment is currently being held, and therefore have no income. I'm 35 days late on a small payment of like $100.00 and then my monthly payment is overdue by only a few days. I've called and explained the situation, and told them that I'd bring my account current by the beginning of the year, and that wasn't good enough. They insisted that I "borrow" the money from someone in order to pay them. I live in a state with a 13% unemployment rate, and the only people I could potentially borrow from are my parents, who are also unemployed. I gave them everything I was able to do, and it wasn't good enough to stop the 7-8 phone calls a day, which one representative agreed was harrassment.

This will be the LAST time I ever buy a Hyundai. I can't wait till this piece of crap is paid off. And I'll be filing bankruptcy.

• Ra
      4th of Jan, 2010
    Hyundai - Poor fitting
    himgiri mators
    India

At himgiri hundai [peera garhi / azad pur] new delhi, they were unable to detect simple fault of overheating of the getz car and they kept on doing something or other charged me again n again and finally when they detected the fault they kept my car with them overnight and next they they did nat dilevered on time and then after few days i could listen to different sounds coming from my car as the refiting they did was of lowest of low standards. One thing which comes to my mind is that these people are here just to mint money and charge and over charge inocent people of there hard earn money well i do not understand that why these people do not realise one fact that as we are there customer they are aslo to someone so how come they treat us in such a manner, this is incontex to what they did with car no. Hr - 26z - 8913

• Hm
      18th of Jan, 2010

HMFC wrongfully reported on my mother's and my credit. She had brand new credit and now there is a negative item. When I called to talk to them they gave me false information. They said they called me to let me know that she was late and were told they had the wrong number. So then they filled to the credit agencies. She has made her payments every month. I looked through the phone records. Even though I know they never called and there is nothing that shows that they called. Her chance at getting her first credit card has been denied because of this. They must have lied to Experian when I disputed the claim with them because the investigator (without follow up) Just added the wrong information again! This is so unfair! Having good credit in this country is difficult now a days and when somebody's chance is taken away from them in error it is wrong! I am furious and although I am planning to get an attorney, I am sure this is going to be a long and painful fight! The consumers needs to be more protected, specially when I find a site like this, proving that they are not doing their job correctly. I could tell that both reps I talked to were covering things up. If anybody knows of an attorney that has dealt with this type of case before in Florida please let me know.

• Co
      30th of Mar, 2010
    Hyundai Of Kyle - Bad business
    Hyundai Of Kyle

Service my daughter took her car to the dealer to get i looked at because of the check engine light was on. she took it several places to let them look at they told her a sensor was bad. each time she took to the hyundai they stated nothing was wrong. at this point she di act out according to the service manager. i called and they told me that and i stated i would address it with my daughter. the service manager told me i could bring it as long we could do it proffessional manner. i was getting upset because what does he mean if i act proffessional as to say i am going to act unproffessional when i get come in. i spoke with a manger who talked to the service manager and stated the service manager said i used profanity toward him. i told him i never did that and he the manager stated his "friend for 6ys the service manager" wouldnt lie about that. he stated that about 6 times throughout the conversation. i dont believe tat ahppened. once they get your business they could care less about the service of a long time relations. i will never do business with them or will i refer them to ANYONE.

• Am
      17th of Apr, 2010
    Hyundai Verna Sx. - CAR PERFORMANCE
    CAR DECOR
    India

I HAD BOUGHT A VERNA FROM SHOWROOM HINDUSTAN HYUNDAI JAIPUR RAJASTHAN, IT WAS USED HAD DONE ONLY 1700KMS. THE EXECUTIVE TOLD ME YOU ARE GETTING AT A VERY GOOD PRICE ITS AS GOOD AS NEW THREE FREE SERVICE IT'S LIKE BRAND NEW,
    I ASKED HIM WHY THE OTHER CUSTOMER LEFT IT HE TOLD ME HE COULDNT GET IT FINANCED .
    ANY HOW FROM DAY 1 AM HAVING PROBLEMS THE NOISE IN STEERING, RATTLING FROM BACK SIDE THE COMPANY TILL TODAY HAVE NOT BEEN SOLVE MY PROBLEM HELP ME OUT.
    WHAT DO I DO I AM TOTALLY FED UP??????????
    NAME ----JP KUCHHAL
    NUMBER ---09351510004 80688800006
    OR SHULD I GO IN COURT

• Re
      20th of May, 2010

With a potential job loss, I decided to voluntarily surrender my Sonata to Hyundai. I gave them every opportunity to re-fi or be creative but they indicated they are not in the re-fi or special circumstance business. The vehicle was picked up the same day and the reposessor said it was so nice it would be driven and not towed. Car went to auction, and mysteriously brought $4, 000.00 more than it's worth or Carmax offer! Now I am being charged for storage, towing and "reconditioning" which this vehicle did not need. It only had 10, 000 carefully driven miles on the odometer. Apparently, Hyundai sold the remainder of the contract to some harrassers (Central Florida Creditors) in Jacksonville, Florida. They pretend Hyundai does not have a collection department (liars). They immediate offered a $2, 300.00 reduction with monthly payments. I told them if I had the money and a job, the car would have stayed sold. Now I have been threatened with suit, wage garnishment, etc. Hyundai needs to pack it in and head back to Seoul where they should have stayed. Their products are not that good and they are still disposable cars with no residual value.

• Hg
      3rd of Jul, 2010
    Hyundai - Non payment

Dear Manager,

Please refer to my mail sent 10 months ago. No action has been taken. I have contacted your local showroom many times. Please resolve the issue immediately (corporate discount and maruti shift discount) and give my money back.

Please help me and give my money back else i will have to take legal action. It is more than an year i purchased my car. please give the discount promised and agreed at the time of purchase. i am waiting for a call from your side. I am very disappointed by no response from hyundai. i will never recommend anybody to buy a hyundai.

Also, the rear mirror of my car was damaged few days back. i contacted your local showroom but they are saying that the glass is not in the stock. i have been asked to wait. Please ask your dealer to provide the glass as i am not able to use my car.
    Regards,

Subject: Urgent
    To: cr@hmil.net
    Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 4:11 PM
    Dear Manager,

I have purchased a new i-10 from your showroom at Bhiwani, Haryana (Raghu Hyundai) on 25 July, 2009. Details are as under:

Model : i-10 sportz
    Colour: white
    Customer ID: C2009070231
    Vin No. :MALAN51CR9M385453
    Registration No.: HR 16H 3008

I have completed all the formalities and submitted all documents required for availing the corporate discount and maruti shift discount. But have not heard anything from your side.

It is quite disappointing as it is my first experience with Hyundai. Your sales man also says it will take aleast 3-4 months. This is really a very bad example of customer service. Please let me know status of my application and speed-up the process. Waiting for a prompt reply

Regards,
    H G Bansal
    Depty Manager,
    State Bank of India
    09355050508, 09215398300

• Dr
      10th of Jul, 2010
    Hyundai - music syatem demaged beyond repair

Dr BHUPENDER KAUR WASU Consultant: Kamineni City Centre Abids

MBBS (osm) FCGP FRCP [LON] by appt :between 2pm- 5pm

CHILD & ADOLESCENT cell # 9849191190

CLINICAL PSCHOLOGIST [U.K] e-mail: dr_bhupender@yahoo.com

THIS IS MY THIRD COMPLAIN
    Dear sir after 2 complains your people contacted me asked me the details and went away NOTHING has been done after that
    kindly do the need ful as early as posible
    thanks
    dr bhupender kaur

i10 hyundai
    Posted: 2010-06-19 by drbhupender

music system demaged beyond repair

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    i 10 hyundai talwar SP road

Dr BHUPENDER KAUR WASU Consultant: Kamineni City Centre Abids

MBBS (osm) FCGP FRCP [LON] by appt :between 2pm- 5pm

CHILD & ADOLESCENT cell # 9849191190

CLINICAL PSCHOLOGIST [U.K] e-mail: dr_bhupender@yahoo.com

Dear Sir/ Madam
    This is my second complain regarding faulty electrical connection in my I 10car whose details are given below as when your people fitted my music system it got damaged beyond repair. But your men at Hyundai clam that he had given correct connections
    Kindly do the needful as soon as possible there is no response from the company or the concern people
    Thanks
    dr bhupender kaur

MY EARLIER COMPLAINT

Dear Sir/ Madam

We have brought your i20 car in 28th Aug 09 from talwar hyundai banjarhills hyd. we liked the car so much which that we brought one more car I 10 from talwar Hyundai SP road on 31st dec 09. The car Engine # G4HG9M856036 and the chassis # MALAM51BR9M425558*H the T/R is AP10TLTR3175. This I 10 has been drove for 69 kms in 4 days and it just refused to move from a very busy road tank band on 4th Jan 10 at 2.30pm and the helpline was called they found fault with the battery and they help me take my car to the battery shop where I was given a service battery and told that the alternator was not functioning and they said that the battery would work for a day only. After work while returning back at 6pm 4th Jan 10 i again got stuck again at police control room near fathamaidan as my car refuse to move after the help of traffic police I could move my car to safe zone.

And again the helpline called they took the car to workshop and found that the alternate fuse was faulty for which I paid the amount of Rs 140/- it is not the money but my fear is I’m face many more problems in future I want you to pls do the needful so that I do not face such again.

And the sorry state is that i still drive my 10 yrs old maruthi 800 for long drive as i'm sure that it will not stop midway.

I’ am 53 yrs old female doctor by profession and have been driving since last 35yrs but never faced such a problem kindly do the needful