Hyundai Motor America / no reimbursement!
I received a letter from Hyundai Motor America that my 2000 Tiburon was recalled due to a potential crack in the exhaust manifold. I was stationed in Germany at the time, so I called Hyundai to find out what I could do. The employee told me I could have the repairs done anywhere, and after I sent in receipts I would be reimbursed. I spent four months finding a German Hyundai dealer that would fix the problem. Additionally, during this period there was exhaust fumes leaking into the vehicle and I was pregnant. On May 22, 2006 I mailed Hyundai my receipt along with a letter detailing the ordeal I had gone through and how unhappy I was with the service given. In June I received a Customer Reimbursement Form and a letter stating Hyundai needed a copy of the title to the car. I mailed that information on June 24 and they claim to have received it on July 10. Every week since August I have called Hyundai Consumer Affairs and they tell me they have no information, but they would send an e-mail to Hyundai Corporate to check the status and someone would call me back. The reality is, e-mails were not sent as I was told, and no one calls me back. During one conversation I was told only the Customer Reimbursement Form was received on July 10th. I have mailed them paperwork three times. The cost of the repairs was $1673.53. I consulted a lawyer about the matter. He tried to talk to Hyundai about setting a timeline for when I would receive my reimbursement, but Hyundai refused to cooperate.
Wayne Tuskowski's Response, Feb 21, 2018
Hyundai is service is terrible. Once they have your money, any problems are your own fault!
More Hyundai Motor America Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa 
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls 
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect 
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective! 
- Hyundai Motor Copany / Neal And Massy Trinidad And Tobago - defective vehicle
- Hyundai Motor America - parts rip-off
- Hyundai Motor America - unethical behavior from service staff at pearson hyundai
- Hyundai Motor America - airbag control unit
- Hyundai Motor America - 2017 & a 2018 sonata
- Hyundai Motor America - leasing