Hyundai Motor America / no reimbursement!

I received a letter from Hyundai Motor America that my 2000 Tiburon was recalled due to a potential crack in the exhaust manifold. I was stationed in Germany at the time, so I called Hyundai to find out what I could do. The employee told me I could have the repairs done anywhere, and after I sent in receipts I would be reimbursed. I spent four months finding a German Hyundai dealer that would fix the problem. Additionally, during this period there was exhaust fumes leaking into the vehicle and I was pregnant. On May 22, 2006 I mailed Hyundai my receipt along with a letter detailing the ordeal I had gone through and how unhappy I was with the service given. In June I received a Customer Reimbursement Form and a letter stating Hyundai needed a copy of the title to the car. I mailed that information on June 24 and they claim to have received it on July 10. Every week since August I have called Hyundai Consumer Affairs and they tell me they have no information, but they would send an e-mail to Hyundai Corporate to check the status and someone would call me back. The reality is, e-mails were not sent as I was told, and no one calls me back. During one conversation I was told only the Customer Reimbursement Form was received on July 10th. I have mailed them paperwork three times. The cost of the repairs was $1673.53. I consulted a lawyer about the matter. He tried to talk to Hyundai about setting a timeline for when I would receive my reimbursement, but Hyundai refused to cooperate.

• Wayne Tuskowski's Response, Feb 21, 2018

Hyundai is service is terrible. Once they have your money, any problems are your own fault!

Va

Comments

• Le
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Hyundai Motor America - Heated Leather Seats
    Calumet City
    Illinois

I have heated leather seats in my 2016 Elantra. Whenever we turn the heat on theres a wierd smell and my leather is cracking on my seats and armrest.

• Su
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Hyundai - 2014 Hyundai Tuscon

Bought our hyundai tuscon November 2017. Yesterday, July 8th, our car engine caught on fire mid drive. Hyundai needs to be including tuscon's in their recalls. This is going to kill someone.

• Wa
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Hyundai Motor America - 2013 Hyundai Elantra
    Plover, WisconsinS
    scaffidicars.com

Hyundai had been a favorite of mine until this issue has raised. This car has 70, 000 miles on it and has some major cylinder or compression problems. Is this my fault as this car has had all the required services done. All I am asking for is an engine replacement. I will pay the services or charges, just supply me a replacement engine.

• Cd
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Hyundai Motor America - Huyndai Tucson
    Lithia
    Florida

I am the second owner of a 2016 Tucson. Suddently the engine failed. Since Im the second Owner Huyndai Brandon states I have no coverage at all.

Im on the hook for a rebuilt motor on a 2 year old car

• Ro
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Hyundai Motor America - 2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt

Driver side Seat warmer burned my back and made me Two blisters on a short 20 min drive.

• Dw
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Hyundai Motor America - Hyundai Service Center
    Calumet City
    Illinois

Took a 2017 Hyundai Elantra for oil change at Napelton River oaks Hyundai two days later car making loud noise and barley drivable.