I received a letter from Hyundai Motor America that my 2000 Tiburon was recalled due to a potential crack in the exhaust manifold. I was stationed in Germany at the time, so I called Hyundai to find out what I could do. The employee told me I could have the repairs done anywhere, and after I sent in receipts I would be reimbursed. I spent four months finding a German Hyundai dealer that would fix the problem. Additionally, during this period there was exhaust fumes leaking into the vehicle and I was pregnant. On May 22, 2006 I mailed Hyundai my receipt along with a letter detailing the ordeal I had gone through and how unhappy I was with the service given. In June I received a Customer Reimbursement Form and a letter stating Hyundai needed a copy of the title to the car. I mailed that information on June 24 and they claim to have received it on July 10. Every week since August I have called Hyundai Consumer Affairs and they tell me they have no information, but they would send an e-mail to Hyundai Corporate to check the status and someone would call me back. The reality is, e-mails were not sent as I was told, and no one calls me back. During one conversation I was told only the Customer Reimbursement Form was received on July 10th. I have mailed them paperwork three times. The cost of the repairs was $1673.53. I consulted a lawyer about the matter. He tried to talk to Hyundai about setting a timeline for when I would receive my reimbursement, but Hyundai refused to cooperate.