Hyundai / hyundai tucson 2016 model

1 Sherwood, Durban, South Africa

I bought this car in 2017 (second hand) from the Hyundai dealer in Sherwood. I had no problems driving the car in Durban. When I had to go to the Eastern Cape, I found that the bonnet flaps when there is a gust of wind or an oncoming truck. I complained to the salesperson and he asked me to take the car to the Springfield Hyundai workshop the next time I am down in Durban. In January this year, I took the car to Springfield, Durban. They told me that the bonnet was faulty and it would have to be replaced. I told them that I was driving to Port Elizabeth the next day and was told that I could take it P.E. They also told me that I would not be liable for the costs. I phoned the salesperson to arrange a booking for the vehicle in P.E. The salesperson asked me to send him photos of the inside of the bonnet and the release catch. He then told me that he will look at some of the same models and come back to me which he never did. After numerous sms's and phone calls, I eventually got hold of him and he told me that the Springfield branch had no records of my vehicle being there. He also told me that the warranty does not cover the bonnet. I suspect that the car was involved in an accident before I purchased it. The salesperson says that they did a 20 point check on the vehicle and they did not pick up any faults. The right front tyre wore out completely while the other 3 tyres still have half life. The bonnet is slightly raised on the left front side and I assume that this is causing the bonnet not to lock completely. All my further calls to the salesperson is to no avail. He doesn't answer.

Ra