Hydro One / Billing, rude staff

1 MChigeeng Manitoulin Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Smart meters are not CSA approved, why are they still on our homes? Rural areas are paying double or more than city payers. The cost for delivery is more than the charges of the actual power usage. My monthly hydro charges are averaging $1, 000 per month! When is Hydro One going to lower costs? The utilities charges we pay are crazy. I have to decide on food or hydro! What kind of country are we living in? Being held hostage by a utility company.

Sa
Mar 8, 2015

Comments

11th of Mar, 2015

Hydro One is horrid! They have taken my security deposit which has been there for over 30 years and charged me another $300.00 on top of it. All because of a late payment. I am a single low income person. How do they expect me to pay an extra $300 on top of the outrageous prices they charge?! They used to be a very trustworthy company. I have no idea what happened to damage my (and thousands of others) opinion of them, but if there was another Canadian owned company from which I could utilize electricity, I would do so in the snap of my fingers.
    So disappointed with them and their rude staff.
    This has needed to be addressed for some years now and I for one am glad it is being looked into.