Hurst Magazines (HGTV magazine) / 100,000 contest is a rip off!
I am very concerned about the contest that you held recently for the home viewers of the HGTV Dream Home in Winter Park, Co. As far as the $100,000 give away went,... when the announcer asked the audience to call in to give the answer to the mystery question, I along with everyone else in america was trying to get through. That is why, when I called and received a busy sign, I was not at all surprised.
But what really got my attention, is that one call that I made to your network did get through, as a matter of fact someone on the other end answered, I heard men talking in the background and then guess what?
They hung up on me!!!
Which sort of indicated to me that (maybe) the people answering the line were somehow manipulating the call, so even though I had the right answer, and even though my call probably got through before Kenneth Lowe's (I have my phone bill to prove when the call was made) I was not the right person that they wanted to win.
I sincerely hope that the contest was not rigged by some type of caller-ID system. I did want everyone to know what I experienced.
More Hurst Magazines (HGTV magazine) Complaints & Reviews
- HGTV Magazine - never ordered the subscription 
- HGTV Magazine - subscription I didn't order 
- HGTV - hgtv magazine subscription scam 
- HGTV Magazine - serious issues re: subscription to hgtv magazine! 
- Hearst HGTV Magazine false claim of subscription - redbook 2009 hgtv dream home 
- HGTV - advertising
- HGTV - too much flip or flop
- HGTV - sweepstake/magazine
- HGTV - magazine
- HGTV - fixer upper