Hughesnet / install/uninstall

1 TX, United States

My current internet was spotty in service and I work from home on VPN, so I was told Hughes net had great speed. I called them and set up an install. At no time did the salesperson advise me that VPN caused the system to work at 50 to 75 % less speed. When they installed, we noticed the speed, installer told to try it. I did for 14 days, bad !
Now, I have a new internet and called Hughes to deinstall. I find out today that I have to remove the equip from my home - a hugh dish that is probably 36 to 48 inches round and ship it back to them. WHAT??? IT IS NOT MY EQUIP. Or they tell me, I have to pay another $ 100 to have someone remove the equip, but I have to pay to ship it back. But they don't want the 48in dish!!! What am I sppose to do with the dish???? None of this was told to me when I talked to the sales person. I am out $ 99 act fee, a month fee of $ 79 - suppose to be the 3rd highest speed, and now $ 100 to dismante THEIR equipmnt and who knows how much to ship back...and have the dish in my yard as trash. I will never recommend this company to anyone...