Hughesnet / lied to make me sign up

1 503 SycamoreLake Jackson, TX, United States
Phone: 9797985858

I wanted internet service at home and called several providers. I am old and do not understand internet terminology, I explained that to the sales person. I explained I don't know what a gigaawatt, or a megebite, or a nigabite is, I told him I want internet BUT Do Not want a meter on my computer, or any type of service that will charge me more if I use more, I only want the same bill every month, and I do not want to run out of internet. The sales person promised I would NEVER run out of internet or have to pay extra. Each month the internet only worked at the beginning of the month for two weeks then stopped working. Each time we called to complain they told us we need to pay more. After almost a year I called to cancel the service, but they did not listen or turn it off, and only wanted to argue with me, but I unplugged the equipment and got a different internet provider. They sent me email trying to get paid and I replied back to explain the issue, but my email was returned, they only want to talk but not listen. I called them a second time asking them to come get their equipment, but same as before they wanted to argue and threaten me with early termination fees and extra charges. I explained to them we have NO CONTRACT because their sales person LIED to make me sign up. They threatened me with collection fees and other charges. . The other day I received an email from (not really sure) UPS / Hughes that was not understandable but I assumed it was to ship the equipment back, so I called the number thinking it was UPS, but it was Hughes, I ask about shipping their equipment back again, but had all the same results as stated above.

Pa