HSN / security question bs

I ordered a tv and placed it on my cc with the 4 payment flex payment option. I had more than enough credit available. I noticed two days later that the same item was now only available with 1 or 2 payment option. On day 3 after I placed the order, I received a call from their security department. They told me that because I chose to ship to another address other than my own, I would have to answer some security questions. I agreed. The first question asked was who my auto loan was with. I don not have an auto loan nor have I had one in over 25 years, so I answered does not apply. Whom do you do your banking with? I answered none of the above because the did not list the bank I have my 15 year account with! They asked for the last 4 numbers in my ssn. All the numbers they read to me started with 5. Mine starts with 7 so of course I answered none of the above. And the best one is when they named 4 persons who may have lived with me in the past 10 years. I have lived in the same home for over 18 years, and I would think that I would know who lived with me, BUT HOW WOULD THEY KNOW! THIS IS BS.
OH WHATS NEXT! WHAT COLOR UNDERWEAR WAS I WEARING WHEN I PLACED MY ORDER? THESE QUESTIONS ARE BS
OF COURSE I FAILED... AND THEY LOCKED MY ACCOUNT.
This has to be by design. I placed the order, using their "secure website" I typed in the address I wanted the item shipped to when I placed the order. This make no sense with one exception. It sounds like they did a credit check, didn't like what they saw, and cancelled my purchase. I said to them, well just ship it to my home address, and they said because I failed their security questions my account is locked and cannot be changed.
I will be looking into this to see if this is legal and if they can be sued. I know what my credit is. If they stated that purchases are based on a credit check I wouldn't have ordered anything from them.

HSN

Comments

8th of Dec, 2010

Wow, , , , , , , , , , , , The SAME EXACT THING happened to me. I placed an order for a flat screen tv ( LG), and a wall mount for it . They shipped the wall mount, yet not the tv . Unlike your case, NO ONE called me though . I called them 4 days later to ask why my tv wasn't shipped and they gave me the same as they did you. 2 security tests, which they say I failed twice, then told me to call back today and speak to a security supervisor ( JOSE ) . So I call back today and this very rude SOB acts like someone did HIM wrong. He then goes on to blame his " Vendors" for the obscene delay, and tells me he can do nothing more for me . What???????????? HSN has "frozen" my account, therefore I cannot place another order until this ISSUE is resolved . Jose however shows no regard or interest in promptly rectifying this.

I TOO am just livid!!!

This was supposed to be used for my Christmas party . Believe it or not one rep went as far as to tell me that maybe I " Could go to Aarons and rent a tv, until your HSN one arrives ", , , , , , , , WTF!!???

Words can't describe my feelings right now.