Complaints & Reviews

Chairs we finalized a deal on & I was going to pick up & he sold — 4 Tobias Chairs to purchase from Steph B in Brooklyn

Sunday, March 15th 2020, I had made a deal with Steph B on both Letgo and Offerip5 to purchase 4 Ikea Tobias Chairs from him for $125.00. He agreed on the deal and said that's fine. He asked when can I can come pick them up. I told him since th weather was bad during the week in New York & New Jersey, can we make it for Thursday. He agreed with that as well. We exchanged phone numbers and all. Starting Monday March 17th, He started ignoring all my messages on the phone and on Letgo and offer up and ignored all my calls. This is poor business and I want to be given access to leave a review about him and calls I want to be given access to write a review about him on his page. This was wrong. He could've had the decent to tell me. I just saw he marked it sold on Letgo and offer up.

letgo team

I was in the middle of a negotiation with a prospective buyer when his account went suddenly under review by the "letgo team". Why has my correspondence with this individual been terminated, and why in the middle of a deal? OK, you want three hundred and fifty characters minimum, you shall indeed get three hundred and fifty characters. How's that?

Fake 1921 Peace dollar

I have collected coins for 50 years and know my stuff. There is a 1921 Peace Dollar for sale by Katie. Asking $40. Already that is too low but I was able to get it down to $30 but had to drive 1hr and 30 min away to get and they would not provide a phone number to just verify they are real.
I already know the coin is fake as there are 2 distinct areas that jump right out in the picture alone.
1. On the back (called the reverse) there are two sun rays that show just over the top left shoulder of the eagle. They are suppose to be very short rays compared to the other.
2. At the bottom of the eagle near the letters ONE the 3rd ray from the bottom is suppose to go completely through the N of the one and slightly peak out just above the N.
$1, 000, 000 it is fake as if real worth an easy $150. why ask only $40 and be willing to take $30
respectfully, Neil
Retired US Marines

Rifle scope

I am trying to sell a rifle scope. Not a firearm. Not ammunition. I can see plenty of other listings for rifle scopes on LetGo but mine continues to get "discarded" minutes after posting with the message "Guns and related items are not allowed on letgo." Then why are there hundreds of listings for scopes present? Why are people selling Air Soft Rifles? Why are gun cases allowed? These are ALL "Guns and related items" if you want to be real about it. There is nothing illegal about a rifle scope. In fact it is a very common piece of hardware for a rifle.

Echo Show

Javien Suarez sold me an Echo Show for $30 but did not take his Amazon password off it--it cannot be used until I get this piece of information.
I tried to get it through his brother William R., but this seems to not be working either.
I just want to be able to use what I bought...
The only thing I can think of is going back to his house (his brother's house) to go get the information that I should EASILY be able to get over the phone in 5 minutes. I've given my phone numbers at least twice--and a business card to Javien. Someone should get in touch with me...

letgo

589557 Im not sure what information you need from me. Ill start with this. I have a scammer on letgo trying to get me to send him items that i have for sale and he wants to pay me...

post malone tickets

Jason on letgo is taking peoples money for the tickets on vemo and then blocking them this is [censored] I only paid 75 out of the 150 but that is my hard earned money and then I cant figure out how to report him on letgo so he is still selling also a few of my friends messaged him and he blocked them to I have all the messages and the text and the email from him to prove it all im just going to have to call the police I guess this is why people cant trust anyone what a piece of [censored]

harley davidson to be given free

Saw ad for Harley that was placed by Alan Brown on on the 8th of Feb. I gave him my information and he requested I donate to a charity of his choice. Which I did. He stated after he received the receipt from the donation he would contact his realtor and make arrangements for me to pick up his bike. Then he tells me the bike got sold, then he tells me he got it back but had to pay 1,600.00 shipping cost. Lastly he asked for 600.00 of the 1,600.00 and he would guarantee my the bike. It's all fraud and he's under investigation. Please look into this and if I can be of further service please contact me. Don't like scammers. Love your site and have a good day. David

your fraud sellers expanding

Exactly why I don't use offer up too many scammers including offer up - at least with e bay with their
Astronomical fees at least you can return
Let go has beginning to be like offer up
Too many scammers - no recourse
Third time i've been screwed
Won't happen again
Fake coins, fake heaters, broken electric razors
Fed up - with this crap
You need to give the buyers some recourse

your fraud sellers expanding

purchased iphone xr from jojo for $300

I went picked up phone in the closed Big Lots in Sarasota fl met Jojo looked at phone he told it was ready to be set up with Verizon. I took it home held on to it called verizon they check ID # on phone said I could not use cause owner has the phone Locked and I have to contact the owner of phone he told it was his sister phone. I Talked to Jojo on the Phone # [protected] he no longer has that phone # so I have no way to contact him hope you can help me with this problem. I am going to the mantee county's Sheriff office to turn in a complaint also. They told me to contact you also. Hope you can help with this problem. I have bought many things on your site Help please

I put add on let go

So I have add on letgo i'm a cleaning lady. I've gotten so many raunchy hits!!! Such as do I do themed cleaning, topless or nude!!! I find it demeaning as a woman!!! I've searched adds on letgo for cleaning services. I now no why i'm getting the reply's i've been getting!!! I
Posted a picture of my face because I want whom ever to know who will be coming to there home. But after searching other adds for cleaning there are females posting pictures of there entire bodies with there behinds sticking out there cleavage showing so heads up whom ever created this site I didn't know prostutes or prostitution was legal??? And it makes it bad to all the other woman out there that have legit cleaning services available!!! I'm going back to craigslist and i'll pay for my add because they no longer allow this to happen on there site!!! I'm very disappointed i've payed over 100 dollars to your site to be moved to the top only to be demeaned as a woman my pigs and perverts!!! Thank you and have a blessed day 🙏

can’t reply to any of my messages?

I can't receive any of my messages? Please tell me what going on? Please tell me something??? Kinda lost??? I can't message anyone, nor can they get in touch with me??? Just need this matter resolved, and why there's no live operators to connect with or talk to about this stressful matter???

can’t reply to any of my messages?

tina garrity

I want to lodge a complaint against Tina garrity a customer
This woman I bent over backwards for, I gave her our phone number and address. And we scheduled a pick up for 10-1030 Sunday ja.12. the idea we worked on last night and the agreement was is anything came up please call. We both agreed to that. I held off on a appointment I had to be here, I rejected three other buyers because we her and I made a deal... this is outrageous, I demand her membership in letgo be terminated. Not because she didn't buy the item but because of my appointment I postponed and the rejections of the three other letgo buyers. I myessaged her and asked are you still coming she blocked me. Not a answer at all, this is a terrible way to do business..
Please use her as a example of what not to do and the ramifications if you do what she did what will happen.
This is a legal complaint, a honest complaint hopefully you will get back to me in regards to the steps that will be taken..
Thank you and looking forward to a responce from a administrator.
Jerry Conlee.. long time member

washer and dryer

Told me washer and dryer worked perfectly and paid him 275.00, had to rent truck to take home and next day started using it washer leaked and washer drum was banging, called and he said that I must have did when moving it. he is such a liar and scam. I had some one come in to see if it could be fixed without spending more money and they said that all springs are no good and it is hard to get parts for this model plus hose needed to replace and it would cost over 300.00 to probably fix. that cost me another $60. again I called Bob's second hand merchandise and he told me There was nothing wrong with it. I'll never go to that place and hope people see this and do the same.

iphone 8 plus

I was scammed by LETGO user "LOVE EMILLY" who goes under the alias EMILY BLAKE https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/e1be76f0 who supposedly meets the buyer at UPenn Wilkes Barre campus.
Two days ago I found an iPhone 8 Plus and contacted her/him through the app. After so much talking she convinced me to send her half the money of the purchase $90 through Facebook, - https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100045745620358&_rdr - and I did, trusted her after reading 5 reviews giving her 5 stars and saying she was trustworthy. The worst of all is that even though I reported her to letgo, she is still scamming people today and has an active account.
Other letgo usernames she/he has:
COE McCLAIN
TY CASH
DANA LASITTER
HXNNY BXNNY
PRISCILLA JONES

letgo

Do not buy from Tyler Cummings he's a scammer selling iCloud locked iPads and iPhones we did a trade from my s8 active for he's iPad 3 mini it was locked he said he would give me my s8 active back but didn't he blocked me before I could've leave a bad review warning he's a scammer and unpredictable he have a Facebook page in letgo page letgo should have a system even though u blocked you still can write a review from scammers like this that he gonna scam on trash he selling

ps4

Trying to get this item on line. The used charged me a shipping fee. Then wanted a tax fee. Then an authorization fee. When I said no - the said that I could pick it up. Sent me to an address of an empty house then got nasty with me. First time I used letgo, might be my last. I would like the account of this scam seller blocked and proper discipline conducted.

banned from using letgo by posting airsoft gear

I tried to post airsoft gear 3 times with a clearly shown orange tip. Unfortunately for some reason when I literally took a close up of the orange tip and said in my description that it wasn't real and that it was a "replica", I got blocked and can't post it anymore. I see people posting listings that dont even show an orange tip. I've sold an airsoft gun on Letgo before, I dont know why I cant to it again. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT THIS STUFF GONE.

banned from using letgo by posting airsoft gear

scam on letgo, closed bank account check

I was trying to sell a printer on for 500 dollars, and was scammed for more than 2000 dollars. What happened was the guy ( letgo user name Marcos Bright) reached out to me and offered to send me a check before picking it up(red flag #1), and asked for my cell no.(red flag #2), which I did because I thought maybe he wanted to see a video of the printer working and one can't send videos on Letgo. He later told me he's going to have the printer picked up by a pickup company because he is out of town, which was fine until he later asked me to send the money to the shipping company after having received his check(red flag #3), the check he sent had more money on it than what I asked for, and he explained that extra is for the pickup company and I should cash the check and mail the money to the pick up company in BOA/Wells Fargo cashier check or cash, which against my better judgement, I did. I sent him the receipt of the UPS delivery and tracking number to his email ([protected]@gmail.com). I waited as he told me the pick up guys will reach out to me for the pick up arrangements, until he texted me a few days later that there was an accident (red flag#4), and the pickup guys canceled and the money was being returned back to me, but it was shown canceled on UPS for days. Finally I found out the check he had send is invalid because the bank account is closed( major red flag#5), I, of course, texted him and called him but no reply nor answers, and also later found out his letgo account has no info on display( final red flag#6).

And now I'm wondering if Letgo will be able to track this guy down and at least report his user details on their database to the police or someone. I let my guard down on this one and due to a combination of my lack of knowledge on banking and account security this happened, which is a good lesson, hope this helps others on Letgo, and honestly, why can't Letgo allow users to send videos anyway?

home theatre surround sound

12/16/19

$35
Panasonic Home Surround System W/5 Dic DVD/CD Plyr
15 days ago
MOVING SALE!!!

Very well taken care of includes but will sell separately

5 Various sized speakers
1 Subwoofer
1 5 Disc changer
1 Remote
1 Wireless Transmitter

Device Information

Digital Transmitter Model: SH-FX65T (DC =5V 1.5W)

Subwoofer Model: SB-HW950 (SN: JP7DA004160)

DVD HOME THEATER SOUND SYSTEM (5 DISC CHANGER)
MODEL: SA-PT950 (AC - 120V 135W 60Hz) ; (SN: DB7DD001484 R)

5 speakers and Subwoofer

Offers Considered!!
All Wires

Condition: Like new

Melissa

I would like to return product to customer and get my money back. There is no remote like she has listed, cannot use this product.

• Updated by Kimberly Johnson · Dec 17, 2019

Sorry I meant I would like to return product to Seller and get a refund. Thanks

• Updated by Kimberly Johnson · Dec 17, 2019

I tried reaching out to customer but she hung up on me and refused to answer after that, I also messaged customer no response.

• He
    hennery Dec 17, 2019

It would be best to contact Letgo customer service. The description was misleading and it should be the seller's responsibility to honor the sale. Report her as well

purchase of product

On November 28 I purchased a pair of grey ugg boots size 10 from ynika. I sent the money to her same day via gpay. She never sent me the boots and gave me a fake tracking number and never contacted me back regarding this purchase. This lady is a fraud and stole money from me. I have proof the tracking number she gave me was fradulent. She never texted me after days of trying to contact her. She is a fraud.

my account was hacked

I have been using letgo to try and sell some of my old stuff. After not checking my account for a month, I logged in and someone else has taken over my account. MY location has been changed, my postings were taken down (but my sold items still showed as what I had sold), someone else's postings were listed, and the account was somehow verified with an unknown google email. I tried logging out and signing in with facebook and it still shows my account on Letgo with someone else's postings and my location has been changed.

scam - product purchase

I sold a Kicker speaker box today to a gentleman by the name of Mr. Mike Jones ($125). We communicated via letgo right up to the time of purchase. We met today in the parking lot of Walmart located in Huber Heights, OH in/around 7am. It was still relatively dark out therefore; I didn't get a view of all the bills. Subsequently, he gave me a counterfeit $100 bill. I caught the fact after he departed. Subsequently, he blocked me on the App. I am going to see if Walmart has footage of his license plate. If so, pursuing charges. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

language used when messaging me about my product

Tyler's Computers from zip code 34480 bashed me with a profanity language about my product Computer which I'm selling .
I m really upset how I was treated when seeing those comments coming one after another one. My product is not overpriced and priced correctly to attract sellers. The computer has all working parts in it. If somebody doesn't like it he should go ahead and skip to the next one instead of throwing not appropriate language, regardless if he is a business owner or not.
Any feedback is appreciated.
My email address
[protected]@gmail.com

bad review for no reason

Hello please help me I sold User: Martin L. a gaming systems that works 100% good and Evan took a video of it working perfect the same day I sold it now his lying and saying it's not working and game me a very bad review 1 Star Evan tho I texted back and tried helping him but he didn't care the review I have 9 reviews that are 5 STAR and now I have 1 very bad 1 STAR for no reason please remove it thank you !

commercial/ house cleaning

I placed my Ad last week for Arnold Home Clean Out's and a Office Cleanimg. Paid the 5.99 for 7 days. I just placed a different Ad last night for same thing our cleaning business . Paid the 5.99 and just got notification they deleted it don't understand and did not credit my 5.99 back. Please if you could Explain This is the one that was Deleted and 2nd pic is the one that ran for 7 days

commercial/ house cleaning

account under review without knowing why

So I went to go onto my account for let go, it said "oops (something something??" and it logged me out... But I tried to login with my google account and it said "account under review" now i've never had a complaint, i've always been very polite in anyways possible I can be, and I have a five star rating... So I don't understand why my account is basically blocked from me right now?? My account is Angel Willett

all my selling products are marked sold, when I first put them on line. all of them. I don't know what I did wrong.

(1) all my selling products are marked sold, when I first put them on line. All of them. I don't know what I did wrong.
(2) I had a person on let go wanting to buy my motorcycle he sent me a check from the navy federal credit union on the check name was jeffrey h stine but the person I was talking to was joe blanke the total cost of the motorcycle was $3250.00 and he said that he would send a little more to cover shipping when the check clears call him and get a receipt for the depots and he will make arrangements for the trucking co. To pick up the bike and send the remainder of the money back to him but he want me to deposit it in the atm not in the branch bank. I told him it would take up to tree weeks to clear. The ckeck was for a total of $6980.00.
Then I let him know that he was a peace of s — t. And he was a fraud. And he could pick up his check at the revere police station.
This was on 10/18/2019

• Updated by Frankie T · Nov 12, 2019

Everything I sell has a sold sign on it, please remove

removed listing

From: Craig Nelson - Kalamazoo Pro Video
To: letgo
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 21:36:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Your listing was removed 😞️
So you removed my post because you can. You don't explain anywhere why you
removed it, just that you did.
So
I'm telling you to [censored] OFF because I can. App is off my phone now and I'll
never support you again.

Go to hell letgo.

selling an item using super boost to the top

I have paid twice to boost my post to the top of your feed. i use to use Letgo A Lot and my posts would get hundreds if not thousands of views without having to pay for any type of boost or super boost. Im a very angry Gold member user and need to hear back from someone with actual authority to make me once again a happy customer. please email or call me [protected]@gmail.com and [protected].

My Regards,
William Wackernah

$1,402 2004 ford f150 lariat 5.4l v8

Amanda F (https://www.letgo.com/en-us/u/amanda-f_910863a2-0195-4f7e-9006-5fcc4f01de75) posted;

And is using the Military scam. It emailed me this correspondence;

Hi again, Right now I'm in a military base. We are training, getting ready for Afghanistan. I am only allowed to verify my email several time a day.We have to stick to e-mail for now. Hope you can understand. The car is already at our Military Logistic Department form McChord Air Force Base, WA U.S. Army base crated and ready to go. Like I already said, the delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 5 days testing period after delivery. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can move forward with this transaction. Looking forward to hear from you,

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 1:42 PM Darryl wrote:
I'm interested. When ca we see the truck?

On Sunday, November 10, 2019, 4:39:01 PM EST, Alyssa Dickens wrote:

Hi, Thank you for your interest in this 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat with an gasoline engine, transmission automatic, 170, 000 mileage. Never had or need any paint/body work done, garaged keep always, without any mechanical problems, tires and wheels are in great shape as well, electric is working perfectly. The engine is 5.4 L V8, 4WD, runs very good, Has a clean and clear title in my name and there are no liens or loans on it. This truck was used by my husband who died 4 month ago. The value was reduced at $1, 400 because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell the truck before the 12th of the next month, when I will be going on military duty with my medical team out of the country for a year and do not want to store my truck. Let me know if you are interested in buying it and I'll send you more details.
Download all attachments as a zip file.

Alyssa Dickens

alyssa78.[protected]@gmail.com
+ Add to contacts

bought a sony dvd recorder yesterday!

I bought a Sony DVD recorder from a seller named "Big Plenty" yesterday for $35 met him at victory Dr Wal Mart Columbus ga, 31903 yesterday. He said it worked very good, but when I got home and tried several DVDs, I kept getting errors! I tried contacting him back on letgo but of course he blocked me! My name is Terrence Bowser, my email is [protected]@gmail.com, same email for letgo. I have his phone number and text messages saved also letgo messages saved! I just want my money back! And be done with this user. I thought he would be a good seller because he had a 5 star review, obviously I was wrong. Respectfully waiting your response.

bought a sony dvd recorder yesterday!

app account being blocked for review after I was scammed!

My letgo account is under review (I had to open another account to catch a thief/scammer, which I did) but I'm still getting email notifications from possible buyers? I have no other choice but to take my items and post them on Offerup. They have a far better risk free system that governs shipping transactions. You guys should take notes! Instead, letgo has people trying to convince sellers to ship and take cashapp or some other third party form of payment. I have been reporting scammers, thieves and spammers to letgo, trying to help cut down on crimes that letgo was used to commit, and this is the thanks I get?? Nevertheless; my account gets closed, while the scammer's account is still open. So many people including myself have been robbed or scammed while using letgo. I will now post reviews of this experience and contact the better business bureau concerning this matter. This morning I woke up and checked my letgo account. The account I've had since 2015 is the account Letgo chooses to shut down, and leave the one I just opened 2 days now active. It seems like that was done purposely. I will be following up this situation and seek legal counsel to see what can be done to rectify this major inconvenience!

alaoo arowolooo

I received a check in the mail from alaoo arowolooo ... the person retrieve my number from indeed.com advising of a job opening claims they will send me check then I have to forward to another company for purchasing of printer scanners office supplies so I can start working for his company... that was my first clue that it was bogus... anyways I block number from my phone... 817 area code and tiday 10/30/2019 received a check for 2450.00 that makes no sense... I tear up check and hopefully this person don't use another number to contact me...

payment with counterfeit, cashiers checks

Also Arowolooo is a scam artist and sends a counterfeit cashiers check. Verify the payment with the issuer. He used Woodforest National Bank which is inside Walmart(that was the 1st clue). Woodforest would NOT do anything about it. My bank turned the check over to the State Police and hopefully they can prosecute the con artist. His phone #'s are [protected] and [protected]. Do not, I repeat do not accept any payment from him. His is scamming you. He then texted repeatedly about when his payment would be processed. I hope he goes to jail.

• Updated by Jon Buralli · Oct 29, 2019

Alaooo Arowolooo is the name that was on the he cashiers check.

my account was banned without

I recently attempted to log into my account on Letgo and was notified my account is under review. When I contacted support to find out the reason, I got a generic message stating I might have posted objectionable content or there have been multiple reports of my account or listings. I have a car and a basketball backboard and hoop listed. I don't really see anything objectionable about either of those items. I have not used my account to harass or scam anyone else on the app. I have not received a response that specifies exactly what brought this on. I have had accounts on other major apps such as eBay for nearly 20 years and have never been reprimanded or suspended. I feel that this action against my account on Letgo is completely unwarranted and ridiculous.

cellphone

Just had a deal to buy a brand new cellphone from someone named Johnny Williams. He said his younger brother going you meet me instead of him. Before that I've check the Serial number and IMEI that he gave me and it's legit. When I came at Freshco to meet his younger brother, a guy approached me with a cellphone box in his hand. He gave me the cellphone box in exchange of my money. In a sudden the guy run off and the cellphone was a dummy. This is the mobile number of the scammer, +[protected]. I'm reporting this incident also to the police. This isn't my first time to deal on let go, it just happened this people know how to manipulate buyers acting like they doing what they do for their safety.

customer service suspending account for no reason other than response to a user violating policy

Letgo suspended my account indefinitely for using language prohibited In their policy apparently. I've been on there for years and I questioned a users items as I think they were stolen then he went off on me. I reported him and his item and language then I was suspended indefinitely. Letgo is a horrible company and they make decisions without notice or the opportunity for you to appeal your case. Unprofessional in every way. Worst company out there

ncaa 14

I recently bought a copy of NCAA 14 and an xbox 360 off of a seller on LetGo, but both products did not work and I would like to request a full refund. The seller name was Jordan Lambert and he lives in Howell, Michigan. We met up at our local Target on 10/22/19, and everything looked okay, but when I got to my home I tried to turn on both the Xbox and the controller, but they did not work, and when I looked at the game it was scratched so much I could not imagine what the seller had done to it. I then tried to message Jordan, but he had proceeded to block me. Again, I feel cheated and I do not feel safe using this app anymore, unless I am able to get a refund of the product.

laptop

I placed my laptop on Letgo for sale and a person contacted me to buy it. She said she would send the money using PayPal. I received an email from PayPal stating the money had been sent and i need to send a tracking number before the funds were released. I sent my laptop and sent the buyer the tracking number. I never received funds. I called PayPal and they said that email was not from them.