HSBC India / inefficient processing of credit card applications!!
I filled out an application for a HSBC Gold Credit Card on their website. Within a week, an agent called requesting me to furnish all the documents needed for processing my application. I advised him to call me 2 days later as i was out of town then. In the meantime, Citibank came up with an offer of a lifetime free card and i chose to go with them. When the agent from HSBC called again for the documents, i advised him to cancel the request and told him that i was not interested in the card anymore as i went with Citibank. The agent told me that he would cancel my application with HSBC.
2 months later, i receive a mini card statement from HSBC on my mobile, the message read "HSBC Pre-statement alert: Outstanding on your Card no. ************8680 on 8-NOV-07 is 586.07. Pay full or min amt due of 100.00 by 30-NOV-07."
I was shocked to reveive this message and wasted no time in calling HSBC Customer Care [protected]). I spoke with Debushree and advised her of my concern - She said that card ending 8680 was indeed issued after being successfully processed. I told her that i had not provided any supporting documents needed for HSBC to even process the card and more, I had not received the Card and neither did anyone at home sign to receive the card! She was very apologetic and assured me that the card would be blocked with immediate effect. I also requested her to cancel the card.
I am still worried if HSBC will continue to haunt me by sending me bills for a card that i never provided supporting documents for and that i never actually received!!
My friends have had bad experiences with this Bank, especially with the rude behavior of their collection agents in particular.
Personally, i would never want to do business with HSBC in the near future!!
More HSBC India Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC UAE - Poor Service 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Holdings - credit card application
- HSBC (UAE) - deceiving policies
- HSBC Holdings - complaining about fraud
- HSBC (UAE) - cash withdrawal from atm of sharjah city, centre atm machine on 12 oct 2016
- HSBC (UAE) - fraud transaction - unsecure credit card