HSBC Credit Card / cheating customers!

1 India Review updated:

Dear members of complaints board,

Myself abhay agrawal age 29 yrs, working in a mnc as an area sales manager – gujarat. I had one complaint against hsbc credit card.

I had applied for hsbc bank gold card, two executives have visited my office (at indore) and bank has sent me two different gold card. but I had chosen one gold card [protected]. I broke second card & drop into hsbc bank cheques collection box. at the time of form filling sales executive has committed me that this card is life time free card. I received card on 30th august 2004 with credit limit of rs 50,000.

From 1st sept’04 to 30th august’05 there were no problem, I was using card smoothly & paying timely. my billing cycle was 7 to 6 every month. on 7th august’05 to 6th sept’05 statement bank has charged 2000 annual fees & appx rs 141 other charges. I called to customer help line and after discussion with tele officers he assured me that we will reverse amount in next statement, please deposits balance amount & use card without any hesitation (as per statement due amount was rs 6141 so I paid rs 4000 by cash 8 * 500 = 4000 on 22.09.05). as per bank difference between dues & paid was rs 2141.

Next month I only use rs 569 facility from bank, but in next statement annual charges has not been reversed and total outstanding went to rs 2884.75. I again called to customer help line, again officer assured me that this will reverse 100% in next statement, pls pay balance amount. I paid rs 570 (which actually I was used and have to pay as a genuine customer) by cash on 18.10.05.

But in next statement again annual fees was not reversed and total dues amount went up to rs 2395.67. this time I called on customer help line & asked about discontinue my card facility. tele officer advice me just broke the card & drop it on cheques collection box of hsbc bank, your facility will automatically discontinue. I did exactly same.

But statement is coming continuously and dues amount is growing every month.in between I shoot mail to hsbc customer care helpline also, but nothing has changed. and as per latest statement total dues amount is appx rs 6800.

Now collection agents are coming to my house (indore) & calling regularly, they are using abusive language with my family & parents. I am also using icici bank credit card from 29th march 2003 and in span of last four year, not even a single time I faced any problem with icici. I am very regular about payments and using credit card as an additional facility provided by bank.

This is just cheating with customer, coz at the time of form fill up executive claim something, and in reality bank did differently.

Comments

Ra
  31st of May, 2007

I am having a HSBC credit card, I have never used it, still this month i got a statement showing balance due of rs. 2,000.

Bh
  17th of Sep, 2007

Dear Sir,
I had forwarded you request on 27 feb 2007 with reference to the matter that had not received my credit card no. 4384599912524187 and it has been misused. This was informed to you to take the suitable action, But in spite of that today I got a call from HSBC lawyer Mr. R.K Verma, That they are going to take some legal action ,this call disturbed me a lot as I was considering that some action has already has been taken on this matter and I was not found guilty.

I am again listing the facts with evidences I have already explained;

1) I had received a mail on 30 Dec 2006 that my credit card application is registered under application reference # 200636291986.
2) On 08 Jan 2007 I received a mail that my application is approved and application reference no. was # 200636291986
3) I was at Baddi unit of Macleods pharmaceutical Ltd. At that time when I filled the application.
4) I was in Mumbai from 2 jan 2007 onwards so it is not practically possible for me that I can receive the card being at Mumbai as delivery address was of macleods pharmaceutical baddi dist solan (HP) .
5) On 23 feb 2007 I received my first statement at Baddi plant and I was informed on phone by my Baddi office that bill shows outstanding of 45000/- Rupees approximately . I called to customer care and told them to block this card immediately.
6) Also on the instructions of customer care I had submitted an application of mishandling of credit card at HSBC Bank branch ,stationed at Kamala bhavan Swaminityanand marg near Garvare house Western express high way Near old Bhar cinema Andheri (E) Mumbai.
7) On 17/09/07 I had received almost ten calls that warrant will be issued to me if I will not pay the settlement amount . But in between time span of almost 6 months I had not received any communication from HSBC bank.
8) As in this whole sequence I had cooperated with the bank a lot but as I got calls today Mr. Rajnesh Sarin directly told that this fault is not from banks side as he wants to indicate directly the delivery of the credit card in the correct hands is not banks responsibility and ones the card is handover to courier there is no responsibility lies with bank that credit card is handed over in right hands or not.
9) As per his statement any personnel working in courier services which banks are utilizing for card delivery is authorized to misuse the card if he/she requires.

Da