HSBC Auto / Balboa Insurance / charges

We have 2 vehicles financed thru HSBC Auto. During the winter 2008 we decided to garage the truck to save money. Although the truck was covered under my homeowner's ins., HSBC said we had to pay for their ins. thru Balboa. So we did. On Feb. 22, 2009 the ins. on the car cancelled and I went ONE week without ins. -an oops on my part! I called SafeAuto & got ins. on BOTH the car & the truck. Our policy began Mar. 1, 2009. During that one week of ins. lapse, HSBC/Balboa charged me ins. on the car as well. I had SafeAuto fax Balboa & HSBC both AND I myself have faxed the required ins. info. since Mar. 2009, we have ONLY paid our required truck & car payments. We continue to be charged for insurance and because we refuse to pay for it, have received countless collection phone calls and even a repo letter. We have changed ins. companies to State Farm & they have sent required documentation to both HSBC & Balboa as well. Our agent is frustrated with them as well. I pay our auto payments thru the HSBC Auto website and it shows on my statement page that I have insurance. it lists the companies I have been insured with. HSBC tells me that the issue needs to be resolved with Balboa. BALBOA doesn't work for ME, BALBOA works for HSBC. This has been an ongoing issue since Mar. 2009. Why is it that HSBC says, "Yes, we have received proof that you have proper insurance but you need to clear it up with OUR outside insurance company before we remove any charges to your account. AND in the meantime, we will call you every hour and send you repo notices until you pay the charges Balboa says you owe even tho WE (HSBC) know you don't." ???? Early Aug. 2009 We FINALLY received a "refund" for charges on the account for the car, which was $116. HSBC refuses to send us that money & applied it directly to the principal of the loan. THAT ALONE IS BULL! Since we paid that money when we didn't need to to begin with, that money needs to come back to us to let us decide how we want to spent it, right??? In the meantime, we are still being charged for insurance on the truck. We refuse to pay any money towards the insurance so HSBC is applying our payment toward the insurance & then PARTIAL payment to the monthly payment, resulting in them saying we are PAST DUE with the full amount of our truck payment. HSBC & BALBOA are worthless for each other. They can't seem to work together & get their ducks in a row for THEIR customers.

N  18th of Mar, 2010 by
if at anytime you remove insurance on your vehicles full coverage without prior notifying hsbc, you can get placed with insurance. homeowners insurance does not include collision, which is one of the requirements of your loan. therefore you get charged for the insurance. But with the insurance, you are billed the total amount of insurance...
lets say you were billed 1200 for a years insurance. and you got insurance after 4 months. so you were charged 400 for that lapse.

The way you are billed is not the same for the months you are covered. when you are billed you get charged almost 1-2 months after coverage was placed for defaulting your loan. Then the charges themselves do not equal 400 for what you paid. Henceforth you are still going to be paying the insurance charges until the said 400 is paid for.

once insurance is verified if there are any remaining balances you would still have to pay.

If you really wanted some help, ask for your payment history, and check how much of the Balboa insurance you've paid to hsbc, as to how much you were charged...

Hope this helps