H&R Block / bad service

1 One H & R Block Way/13th & MainKansas City, MO, United States Review updated:

I have an emerald debit card with h&r block and on monday 12-15-2008 I started to send money through western union, online but stopped the transaction before it went through. Western union took $227.00 from my debit card, and it was in their validation dept. This transaction never went through though. I called western union, they said the transaction was indeed canceled, but said they needed to fax a document to h&r block stating this. H&r block is now refusing to release my money back to me until the end of the month. I have called multiple people at h&r block, I have emailed them, and they refuse to help!

My electric service is going to be turned off if I don't make a payment to them today! I can't however because h&r block won't release my money. H&r block is aware that this transaction with western union, is dead in the water, my money is just in limbo now! I have a 3 month old baby here and $9.00 to my name because they refuse to release my funds. I found a lot of other people online who have had the exact same experience with this company.

Please help!

Gl

Comments

Vi
  9th of Feb, 2009

i to have been fighting with hrblock my money was desposited on the 30 of jan 2009 onto a emerald card not it was sopposed to be a check i have been on the phone everyday trying to get access to my money they have lied everytime stating a card was fedex 4 different times was supposed to get card today well guess what no card call hrblock back spoke with a supervisour she said the card was sent today call fedex back fedex does not have any information at all i live in missouri the main office is in kanasa city if i dont have a card by thursday iam heading to kanasa city friday morning anybody else have this problem

Tr
  17th of Mar, 2009

I am so disappointed in the new standard of low at H&R Block.

I went in there on Feb. 19, 2009 to have what seemed like a simple enough tax prep done. The first thing that I noticed was the completely sloppy appearance of my consultant and her inability to correctly fill out the info that she was supposed to be trained to handle. I took her four tries to spell the word "nonresident" on one of my forms. I really just wanted to jump in and do her job for her. She had to be told three different times about one tuition deduction that I wanted to take out, and she flippantly handed me 'Refer-a-friend' vouchers like they were an afterthought. I wouldn't refer my dogs there after the service I got, and it was certainly not worth the $260 price tag I got afterward. Thanks, Block, you helped steer me to where I WON'T be going next year for tax help...

Tr
  4th of Mar, 2011

I spoke to collections and told them I could pay $50 what I was paying H&R Block. I feel this was a scam and they were not truthful from the beginning. They led me to believe I was getting a certain amount and then told me no I wasn't.

Re
  8th of Nov, 2013

I tried to withdraw money out of my bank account from an ATM the ATM gave me $0 and said that they cannot process the transaction at this time the money was taken out of my account from H&R Block and now H&R Block refuses to give me any of my money back for 10 days what am I supposed to do for 10 days I have zero money and a ton of bills to pay everybody H&R Block has been 0 help to me.