H&R Block / did not print/submit all forms

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

I had h&r block do my taxes this year. Big mistake. Because I owed out of state taxes, I could not e-file. I was given what I was told, all the completed forms to mail to the irs, which I mailed that day. Five weeks later I get a lovely return from the irs advising that the proper forms were not submitted. When I went back to the h&r tax office to show them the irs notice, the woman told me that I didn't "need to come in there with an attitude". I explained to her that for the $261.00 I paid to have my taxes done with them, that I expected much better service than what I received. I was waiting at the front for them to print the forms, she walked up and tossed them on the counter and as she walked off said, "here is your forms. " thanks h&r block... Won't use you again and will tell everyone I meet about the poor service.

Tj

Comments

• Fo
      7th of Mar, 2009

If I were you, I would talk to the District Manager and ask for a refund for at least the forms that the IRS said were missing, I would also ask for a discount for your time.

• Ji
      9th of Mar, 2009

I agree: Poor customer service from one employee or office needs to be addressed by the site manager or district manager. A partieal refund is the LEAST they should do for that poor CS.

• Ta
      27th of Mar, 2010

A few weeks back I had a client come in that was very unhappy and of course he had a long story about how H&R Block had screwed up his taxes and he whined and moaned about the poor service etc, etc. On that particular day, I was in a very good mood and so I listened to his story, took his information and promised to try to help. He left mad. The next day I was able to determine the problem was on his end and he came back in and I helped him amended his return.

He was very apologetic and repeatedly apologized for his prior behavior. I told him not to worry about it as tax time is always a tense time. He will likely return next year.

I suspect your tax pro was not having the best day or may have needed additional training in customer service as well return assembly. In either case, please try to remember we are human and do make mistakes from time to time. I do agree with the previous responders, you should contact the District Manager.