H&R Block / tax preparation

Calgary, AB, Canada
Phone: 403 400-7523

During month of March this year I approached H&R office in Calgary asking for professional help and indicating that my situation requires examination of my financial activities for last 3 to 4 years. I asked for somebody who will have preparation and time to dedicate to my case. I was assured that I will get the best service available.

On March 16 I got email:

Hello Richard:

I have booked you a appoint for Tuesday, March 22, at 11:00 a.m. at the Forest Lawn Office, address is 21 E, 3012 17th Avenue SE Calgary.

Cheryl Johnson

During this appointment I had opportunity to introduce my situation to Ms Johnson and I was asked to sign my consent for H&R Block to have access to my file at Revenue Canada.

Shortly after I was selected by my company to work in Brazil for a month and before my departure on April 4th I copy all my financial information and delivered personally to Ms. Johnson for examination.

After I got back to Canada, on May 14 and I tried to contact Ms. Johnson at her office. Despite of few left messages I had no call back, so on May 20th I went to the office to see Ms. Johnson personally, and after waiting for 15miutes I got answer that my case is not ready yet. I was told that everything will be finalized before the end of the month.

Until today, I have no answer, no information and no explanation from H&R Block.

It is not I wasted time only, I am also affected financially as in my situation I am paying penalties and interest on outstanding balance and for 60 days nothing have had happened.

I was told I will get the best service available, but after those few deceptions I have no more trust in your organization. I find it hard to believe I am the first one you guys treat this way, so protecting others I will be sure to share my experience with my friends.

With no better option I have to look for another accounting office which will treat me seriously. I expect Ms. Johnson to send back my memory stick with my financial information. Please send it in secure envelope and register letter to my home address.

Ryszard Kocielski