Hp Dv6000 Notebook / slow clock

United States Review updated:
I bought an hp pavillion dv6000 about a year and a half ago. Few months later I noticed that the clock is running very slow. After getting sick and tired of adjusting the date and time every time I open the laptop (I rarely use it actually), and being and electrical engineer, I researched the problem on the net and tried several proposed fixes: BIOS, software update etc. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. So I finally decided to go through the hassle of contacting hp service to find a solution. Because the one year warranty has already expired by the time I made my call I was told I have to purchase and additional one year warranty for about $100 (or alternatively a "14 days" for $49) for them to start troubleshooting the problem. I know it's my mistake to wait long until the warranty has expired especially that I detected the problem within a couple of months but I think I should not penalized by $100 plus whatever needed to fix the problem for faulty/poor product. So I decided to live with this problem for now until I'm tired, then go get an other one but NEVER an hp product.
Na

Comments

Si
  1st of Apr, 2009
I totally agree with you.
I have an hp dv6000 as well, and I've been having nothing but troubles with it..
Wireless adapter not working anymore, battery not lasting more than 3 minutes without AC and my power bar just decided not to work anymore forcing me to buy another one..

Never to buy an hp notebook again.

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Overall Satisfaction Rating