Hp Compaq 6515b / hp 6000 series computer wireless problem

1 3000 Hanover St.Palo Alto, CA, United States Review updated:

Computer will not detect wireless network. Other computers in my home do not have this problem. Spent several weeks on phone with technicians. Had it sent away for service. Had technician come to my home. Ask for a replacement - they refused and were very condescending. I have spent several months on this problem to no avail. This problem is supposed to be widespread in HP series 6000 notebooks. HP will not own up to this. They are supposed to be sending ANOTHER technician to my home. I'm not optimistic. Regardless of the outcome, who would want this computer? And how am I going to be compensated for almost 2 months of time, aggravation, and inconvenience in trying to solve this problem. I would like another computer - one that works! I feel this is a reasonable request. Customer Care, Total Care?!! I have experienced neither. I have heard there is supposed to be a class action lawsuit regarding this particular problem. If anyone knows anything about it, please email me.

Va

Comments

• Su
      7th of Oct, 2008

I have purchase compac computer from Alpha Infotech, Lakkar Bazar, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh in the year 2006 with three years warranty. Due to some reasons its key board is working properly. The dealer refused to replace it. Please let me know will it be replaceable or can I get new key board from your company because I don't want to use key board of other company.

Please solve my problem because your key board is one of the best key board in the world. I don't know why it creats problem .

I am waiting for your reply.

Sunil Kumar.

• Ar
      24th of Jun, 2009

HP has issued a very quiet warranty extenson for its HP D and Compaq DV laptops. The frustrating part is that the wireless becomes inoperable, so you think you have a connection or router or wireless card problem. But you don't. It is apparently a solder problem that causes the Nvidia card to heat up and render the wireless inoperable.

Here is the link to the warranty extension info:

And a PCWorld article

Unfortunately, many people with these problems have paid for repairs themselves, or are now out of the extended two year warranty period (from date of purchase). HP is not reimbursing people or extending the warranty at all.

Shame on HP and on retailers like Costco for not PROACTIVELY notifying customers about this problem.