HP / poor customer service

Well we were a mac only family and for years we had no complaints . but due to work needs we decided to buy a windows based laptop . this is were it all begins . we did the usual shopping around and decided on the HP pavilion dv7 this seemed like a great unit and with the rebates a great deal also . so we toot the plunge . got it home and started loading software and programs . since my wife and i both go to work early in the morning we usually hit the sack early so i did not notice this till the weekend . the keybosrd is dark gold and the letters are black. well when the sun goes down you cannot see the letters on the keyboard . i am not much of a typer and i have to look at the keyboard to type . this dose me no good if i can't see the keyboard . I contacted HP support and i explained my problem . I was shocked by the response " well we are not going to make a new keyboard just for you and we have no plans to produce a new keyboard" and hung up on me as i sat there in shock and disbelief of what i just heard . I went to the internet to see if i truly was alone on this issue . Turns out i found 463 postings on this very same issue . well turns out i am not alone so i figured i would give it another try with tech support . I called and explained my issue and about the over 400 postings i found . I really did not want a new keyboard but maybe a skin with white letters . this is a nice cheap fix . but again i was met with negitive results and a quick hang up . so buyer beware if you need to see the keys DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE and if you need to be slapped in the face for buying one just call HP support

Tk

Comments

• Wi
      24th of Nov, 2009

In 2007 I bought a HP laptop. Within six months the monitor stopped working. HP said they could fix it but I wanted a new computer. I was told I would get a two year warranty. This year, 2009, It broke again. I found out that my model was recalled in 2007. Now HP says they replaced the motherboard last year.( Something they did not tell me when it was repaired. ) Today they still do not admit the motherboard was recalled. Anyway, I have had two recalled motherboards and it still does not work. Now they say my warranty has run out.

• Sp
      11th of Oct, 2010

HP customer service is horrible. They could care less who we are and what the problem is. I purchased 5 computers. I had a problem with all of them, however I returned them right after purchasing them. I finally settled on a Notebook G71-340US. It had some issues in the beginning however they were rectified. I was called by a manager finally and told if I have any issues with this laptop they will replace it with no issue. I have an issue and called them to get it replaced. Not happening, the lady I spoke to advsied that I broke the computer. I advised that I didnot break the computer that it sits on my desktop and does not move. I was told on a previous call to speaking to her that a case manager would call me within 24-28hrs. Did not recieve a call back. So she says how come I didnt call right back. I could not believe the things that were coming out her mouth. I told that she was totally inappropriate for asking how come I didnt call back and check on why the case manager didnt call me. She refused to transfer me to a supervisor, mind you I said to her over and over that I recieved a phone call from a manager when i first purhcased the laptop that if i had any issues it would be replaced. i have only had this computer for 7 months. I can't believe that their customer service is so poor and I will not purchase anything from HP ever nor will I suggest anyone else buy HP products. There customer service is deplorable.

Final words of advise DO NOT BUY HP PRODUCTS!!