Hotwire / rental car rip-off
I booked a car through Hotwaire. I asked for an SUV. The next day when I saw the confirmation email it read minivan. I immediately contacted Hotwire and told them I did not want a minivan. I wanted an SUV, as there were only going to be my wife and I. We neither wanted nor needed a minivan. The person was very nice and said he would fix the problem. He booked us with a different dealer for an SUV (which is not the car we ended up getting from the new dealer). After our trip I looked and Hotwire is charging me for both vehicles for the same date at the same time, from two different dealers, which obviously makes no sense. I have called, written, and even yelled at this company and they refuse a refund. They try to insist I originally asked for a minivan. But that is not true and their agen who supposedly fixed things obviously did not cancel the first car and they have charged me for both. I am exasperated and don't know what else to do, so here I am.
More Hotwire Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - Trying to Cancel, When Full Trip Insurance was purchased
- Hotwire - cancellation reneging
- Hotwire - hotwire does not send a refund promised by them = stealing my money
- Hotwire - hotwire stole my money!
- Hotwire - car rental