Hotels.comunethical behaviour

I booked the canalta hotel, in hanna, alberta for april 9, 10 & 11, 2017. I did not select any other currency (Which is an option) when I booked other than the default cdn currency showing at the top of the screen. When I received my confirmation, I didn't really look at the amount I was charged for the hotel on my credit card statement until after my stay when I started putting together my expense account. I have stayed in this hotel numerous times but discovered when I looked more closely at my credit card statement hotels.com had charged me roughly the correct amount ($353.28) but in us currency. When this amount is converted to cdn, it worked out to $483.26 about 35 -40% more for the hotel room than if I had just showed up off the street and asked for a room. The hotels.com customer service on fixing this has been horrific. They claimed I changed the currency at the top of the website to us. They said, "do you see the $ sign, that means us not cdn. Currency". They indicated nothing now could be done about this error as it was all historical. I absolutely will not let hotels.com scam me and make me pay the extra $129.98 cdn. I have many other avenues of complaint but I thought I would try this as I have tried the telephone and finally after waiting a long time got to talk to a manager. I will discuss this with my credit card company, bbb, the canalta hotel chain, social media, whatever it takes. Hotels.com will not take this money from me. My confirmation number on this is [protected]. My e-mail address is [protected]@shaw. Ca. I will give this a couple of days before I proceed further.

De