Hotels.com / don't trust hotels.com hotel booking

San Antonio, FL, United States Review updated:

For my stay in "San Antonio-days Inn Interstate Highway 35 North" on May 24 2015, I had made the booking through Hotels.com on May 18th and had made the full payment through online and the confirmation number for this booking is ""[protected]"". When I went to check in the hotel on 24th night at 11:30 PM, I was told by the hotel person that they had not received the payment yet and so they didnt allow me to enter the hotel. I called Hotels.com customer care and they put me on hold several times while talking with the hotel persons and I had to stay with my family outside the hotel in the midnight with my old parents and 3 years old child.

The call between hotel person, hotels.com and myself went for around one hour and my whole family had to wait outsie during this period. Finally the hotels.com customer care representative told that it was a mistake made from their end and asked me to make the payment using my credit card and it would be refunded. I requested her to settle it from her end, for which she told she is unable to do that. Finally I made the payment and it was infact refunded to me by hotels.com which is fine. However I asked for a compensation from the Hotels.com customer care for the mistake which was done from their end for which I had to suffer with my entire family by standing outside for more than and hour in the midnight in an unknown area. She told that its not allowed as per their policy though its their mistake and they can just apologize and cant do anything more.

Je
Jun 4, 2015

Comments

• Tr
      4th of Jun, 2015

I am in the military and even though I never had a problem with Hotels.com I usually contacted the hotel/motel directly and asked them for their lowest rate (which I found is better than Hotels.com).