Honda / Unicorn / Bike malfunctioning!

1 India Review updated:

I bought a Honda Unicorn bike one month back (July 2007). Starting onwards it is having some complex problem like the ignition is missing and Idling problem. In morning times i need to start the vehicle and need to ride for at least 4-5 kms by putting choke. If I am not putting the choke it will show signs of getting stopped and if I apply accelerator also it is taking time to get the power.If I park the vehicle for some 2 hrs and then started the similar problem will again surface. Because of this problems the handling of the bike is very difficult and is very dangerous while trying to overtake the other vehicles as I can' t predict whether it will provide the acceleration or not. When said about this problems to the honda people first they were telling like this is the problem with carburetor... already they have cleaned the carburetor twice and the problem exists now also. Now they are telling this is the problem with Idling. The bike has done some 1000 km and for the half of the time I have to shuttle between the my office and honda workshop because of the bike problems.

If any body is facing the same kind of problem please let me know. Anybody going to take a new unicorn please investigate more as you have lot of options around you. Please let me know smb the honda official email id if anybody is having it!

Vi

Comments

• Bi
      11th of Sep, 2007

Please take the notes seriously :

"Long gone are those days about focusing on those early desi stylyes. Honda should focus on some modern styling and performance here in india very soon." Revamping works on unicorn or any other models are not going to take honda anyfurther in the long run. Its upto honda to hang on or to sweep the market. Otherwise, i dont see any chances of honda in india. I hope its not going to go down like yamaha india's present situation.

13th of Dec, 2007

I also agree with you Unicorn really have lots of problems.
    I also purchased unicorn in july 2007 and found problem with the mono suspension.At the time of delivery they said unicorn comes with 2 years warranty. When I reported my problem to them, they repaired it,even for the second time again they repaired it and said if again problem arises it will be replaced, but for the third time they said that suspension is not covered under warranty. I reall got tired. Now I am palnning to report this problem to cosumer forum. Its my request to all please dont go for unicorn.

• Su
      5th of May, 2008

Yes i am facing the same problem the choke is compulsary for the bike to be started in the morning. Otherwise the engine stops.

21st of May, 2008

i also faced serious problem on the very next day of my purchase of unicorn on 17th April 2008.Next day the starter stopped working.The dealer replaced the battery but did not give warranty card.when i complained to the company website the dealer came running and replaced the battery again and gave me the warranty card.the dealers and there sales guyes are arrogant in talking and they think that unicorn is the best. which is not so.

Arunkumar 9766340513

• Ba
      15th of Jun, 2008

i booked honda unicorn because i like this bike very much . but the time you peoples are taking to deliver is too long, and the customer service is very poor.

• Ra
      19th of Jun, 2008

I am extremely sorry the Showroom in Vellore, Tamil Nadu - 632 004 is always vacant without any vehicle either scooter or Motorcycle. It is very shame to here from my friends and many customers The Dealer is not good in delivering. The Mouth words of customer goes not to dealer and to The MANUFACTURER only. HMISL please see todday walk in customers may not be tomorrow. Put a additional Dealer or revamp the existing dealer please please.

8th of Oct, 2008

Am totally disappointed with my new unicorn, which, i bought on 27th dec 2007. Bikes performance is poor, it doesn, t have any consistency. some times it is ok, some times just opposite. There is a request to honda, make bike, which have quality, not on your ad, but it should be on your product first.

• Ga
      16th of Oct, 2008

I HAD PURCHASED MY BIKE IN AUGUST 15 2005 ( JHANSI) UP93 -P 4182.
    BUT FROM VERY FIRST DAY THERE IS A PROBLEM OF STARTING, PICK UP, POWER AND HANDLE VIBRATION. NEITHER IN JHANSI NOR IN NOIDA NOBODY CAN RESOLVED MY PROBLEM YET. CURRENTLY I AM IN NOIDA WORKING IN A PSU. IN NOIDA THERE IS A SHOWROOM IN D-2 SECTOR 10. BUT I DIDNT SATISFY WITH MY BIKE SERVICING. AGENCY IS ALWAYS READY TO PREPARE HEAVY BILL MORE REPLACEMENTS IN EXISTING PART BUT NO SATISFACTION. WHO THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING SO PLZ LISTEN YAAR.

3rd of May, 2009

My Name is Arnold, I purchased my bike on 27th Dec 2008, From Marikar Motors, Statue, Trivandrum, Kerala. Engine no: KC09E4051903, Chassis no: ME4KC098K78049258. From the day first it is causing problems. Majors complaints are, Irritating engine noise, low pulling power, no engine smoothness, poor milege. I had reported this problems to my dealer, they said that the problem is due to this and that, but they are not able to solve my problem.From 14 months, i am going to service center frequently, two times per week. Finally they changed my bikes piston, valves, crank bearing, cylinder kit, chain tensioner, cam chain, almost majority of engine parts replaced . But the complaints are still there, it is not rectified.I am tolerating this problems for the last 14 months. One thing is sure the mechanics are not able to solve my bike's problems. So according to your warrany, if a complaint is there, you will solve the complaint by changing the complaint part. If complaint is still there, you will definetly change the bike. I want my bike to be replaced with new one. Otherwise i am going to complaint in consumer court. It's your responsibility to solve customer complaints as soon as possible, because of honda's irresponsibility, i am suffering now. contact me soon, i want replacement of my bike.

My phone NO: 9995048806

3rd of Aug, 2009

i hav honda unicorn 2oo5 model kick start, much satisfied in performance, in the stock condition the bike reaching 103 -104 am very much happy with milage also, only problem am facing is the bike is getting off sudden decreasing of speed i make clean all engine stuff, (carborator, air filter, petrole tank, checked timing chain ) every thing is perfect, but cant able to resolve the problem... if any one can plz inform me...

• Pr
      12th of Oct, 2009

I have a honda unicorn.Within less than a year its front shokers get loosened, after repeted complain its honda (Ganpati Autos in Gurgaon)service center is not ready to replace them.Seeing their attitude i would not suggest any one to purchase honda bike.

• 0 Votes

I am extremely sorry the Showroom in kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu - 632 004 is always vacant without any vehicle either scooter or Motorcycle. It is very shame to here from my friends and many customers The Dealer is not good in delivering. The Mouth words of customer goes not to dealer and to The MANUFACTURER only. HMISL please see today walk in customers may not be tomorrow. Put a additional Dealer or revamp the existing dealer please please.

very worst service...

• Ms
      22nd of Nov, 2009

international brand, failed in appointing dealer. tamilnadu in vellore district ASA MOTORS, their approach service performance and treat the customer is not satisfied, they are not experianced in automobile business.they treat us like slaves &owner third gategary speech.I bought honda unicorn in 08/06/09, engine no;1067314&chasis no;3998066021, vehicle no tn-23/AU/786.PROBLEM IS ENJINE SOUND(major noice), front suspention, milage problem.many time visited they are not intrested to attend. my vehicle lies idle in your show room, mentally i am depressed, kindly take action &solve tha promlem of vehicle, other wise no other way for me to go to consumer court to find justice. The dealer like this you appoint, it reflect your performance.

• Ru
      12th of Jan, 2010

me too agree with the problem.
    this bike was my dream come true, but right from the next day of bike purchasing i had the ignition problem, i had to ride atleast ride 3 km before pulling off the choke. i reported the complaint in the service center, during my first and second service and they hardly neglect it. if any one who gets remedy for the problem, then plz let every one know hows it...

• Al
      11th of Oct, 2012

PROBLEM SOLVED:
    My Problem: Bike stopping unexpectedly, bike stopping when trying to acclerate from stop, feeling like petrol is over. Had to use choke, sometime it would help and sometimes it wouldn't. It was a nightmare riding in Mumbai traffic with the bike stopping suddenly all the time.

SOLUTION: Replace CARBURETOR DIAPHRAGM. (Attached Image) I got it replaced at my local mechanic. with an unbranded part for Rs. 250/- because the Original Honda Part is in short supply. The original part costs around Rs. 600/- if I'm not mistaken.

The problem was finally solved for me in the past at the Honda Serice station after more than 6 very FRUSTRATING visits. After two years problem reoccurred, and today evening I replaced the diaphragm and the problem seems solved.

I feel there is something wrong with the design that is causing the same part to fail repeatedly. But atleast there is a solution.

Hope this helps you people facing this problem.

• Al
      11th of Oct, 2012

Replace Carburetor Diaphragm

• Me
      1st of Sep, 2015

As on dated 17 th June, 2015Meghwadi Police Station registered complaint vide CR. NO. 166/2015 U/S 354 Of IPC Read With section 8 Protection of Children from Sexually offense 2012 . In this CR Motorcycle which has been used seized by police. The Motorcycle which has been seized described registration Plate Number MH 04 EJ 9826 . On Verification of the descried the registration Number to the concerned Registration Authority it revealed that the Registration Number on Number Plate is bogus and counterfeit. To tress the real owner of the seized bike we are sending the seized bike Engine Number and the Chassis No. for your reference so, please give the name address, Contact No. and details of the dealer/sub-dealer to whom your company has send the seized bike for sale The seized bike chassis No. ME4KC097J98027724 and the Engine No. is KCO9E4122781 colour is red. Please reply as earlier as possible.