Honda Fit / Auto Eco Rebate

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I bought a 2008 Honda Fit from T&T Honda In July, 2008. I was told this car, as an automatic, qualified for the Auto Eco Rebate. Ultimately this determined my decision to buy this vehicle, as I was originally interested in going with the automatic Honda Civic, which did not come with the rebate. I may have even went with Toyota instead. I was informed this car was eligible and qualified over and over by three different people from T&T Honda, two of which were in mangement positions. Now after contacting the AutoEco Rebate program myself I was told that the automatic fit does not and never did qualify for this rebate. I have emailed complaints and called T&T Honda twice in the last 24 hours to speak to someone about this issue but no one will get back to me. I plan on visiting the dealership later today and I expect at least an apology! I was a first time car buyer and I feel like I was taken advantage of and manipulated into buying this vehicle under false pretenses. The dealership themselves gave me the application with instructions to apply soon to make sure I would get the money. They were advertising the rebate with the automatic Honda Fit as a selling point. The Rebate program summed this up as ignorance and uneducated salespersons at the dealership. I believe that they were fully aware of what they were doing and lied to me to make this sale. Now they intend to do nothing about it.

Kr