Honda 1. 8 Cc Ivtec / Defective Brand New Car

1 Malaysia Review updated:

I will like to bring this matter up to the public, so that in the future the customer who wanted to purchase a Honda car will not be taken for a ride.

In January 2008, I purchased a brand new Honda 1.8cc IVTEC in Malaysia. After a week driving the car i started to experience defects on the quality of the parts.

Tthere was a knocking noise that comes from the steering then followed by the brakes vibrates each time in brake.

The front wheel will produce a cracking noise at least 2 to 3 times a day. It could be from the absorber arm.

The front arm cover in the interior of the cover was not fix properly.

The rubber on the back seat door was not fix properly.

The is also noise from the back wheel section and this could also be the coz of the back absorber arm.

The driver side power window cannot function properly and many more minor parts that was not fix properly.

I send my car to the service centre and informing the service advisor of all this issue. The funny part is my car was send to the service centre for more than 8 times for the same issues, and each time they said they have rectified the problem.

At one point of time my car was sitting in the service cebtre for 1 week to get the steering issue done but unfortunately it was not.

I have send countless e-mail to Honda Malaysia stating all the inconvenience that I have gone thru, but all seem to go on deaf ears.

Till to date i still have the same issues, unsolved.

So people out there, Pls think more than 10 times if you were to buy a Honda car.

You can write to me at kumalily@gmail.com

Comments

• Pl
      5th of Sep, 2008

I totally agreed with you. The Honda Malaysia "Customer Service Centre" is terrible. I sent my car for the 1st servcie about 2 months ago at Jalan Chan sow Lin, Pudu and when the car is ready for collection, I discovered that there were substantial scratches on the paintwork running from the front bumper all the way till the end of the driver door. When I email my complaint to the dealer and Honda Malaysia, Honda Malaysia did not offered a help but instead ask us to deal with the dealer. As for the dealer, not even a phone call from the manager to follow up on the issue.
    As of now, I had yet solve my problem.. Anyone have the Honda Malaysia CEO or Honda Japan - email or number?

21st of Nov, 2008

I too agreed, They seem to take our feedback lightly.Till today i am still waiting...???????

• Ho
      24th of Mar, 2009

i've been waitng for my new car for more than 3 months already. Their sales dealer are worst! no professionalism to their customer. should we write a complaint letter to their CEO or much more better to do a compaint coverage via press to get more attention?

26th of Jun, 2011

I agreed with you. The quality of Honda is terrible, I have the same problem, my 5 years old Honda City has to change the wheel Bearing almost once every 3 months. This ridicuous!
    Can anyone from the Honda help me?
    Pls email me ashow56@gmail.com if you have a solution.

• Sv
      16th of Aug, 2011

Hi, I bought the Honda Civic 2.0 in March 2011.
    On the day I went to collect the car I found out the paint works had scratches and swirl marks all over the car, front bumper and left side tail light was not aligned properly, driver seat top cover and rear interior cover was not fixed properly and rattling sound inside the car. The rear right hand side door had problems with the door jab.
    On the collection day I highlighted all this issue to the salesperson and to my shock the salesperson told me that I’m better off then others because others have more serious problems then the issues highlighted by me.
    Yet the salesperson told me ‘what can you expect from cars assembled in Malaysia’. That is quite a statement from Honda authorised dealer. I was told that they will resolve the issues for me during the first service.
    I went to J.B dealer where I bought the car (Wang Loo Motor Sdn Bhd) for my first service. All the issues were not resolved till to date. They try to align the tail light but it just got worse. They removed the rear bumper to align the tail light but did not fix the rear bumper properly. The try to repair the rear door but they made it worse. Now it's harder to close the rear door.
    I just wonder, did Honda management give the mechanics an adequate knowledge on how to repair the cars?
    After bringing up the same issue to them for three times, I decided to call the customer service hotline 1800 88 2020 on 11 Aug 2011. I spoke to Suren the customer service officer, I highlighted all the above mentioned issues to him I heard him typing it down and he asked for my contact number. After taking down my contact number, he put me on hold. After about one minute my call was ended automatically. They did not call me back till today.
    I just wonder is it worth it to spend that much of money to buy a car which is assembled by super lousy people at the Melaka plant and after buying need to waste our time bringing up the same issue over and over again with useless service centre who can’t resolve the issue?
    I’ve decided not to drive Honda cars at all.
    I’m going to sell the car I’m using now for good.