HomeGoods/Hilton Head,SC / attitude of clerk at checkout register

On 8/22/2008, my husband & I visited the HomeGoods store at 435 William Hilton Pkwy, Hilton Head Island, SC. The Good Experience: We selected several home decor items and lamps for our home on Hilton Head Island and took them to the register to check out. The Bad Experience: The clerk at the register was not only inattentive and very unprofessional, but also downright rude and crass. We had to ask her to re-bag our "fragile" items so as not to damage them. Futhermore, she began yelling and rudely laughing very loudly to other employees in our presence. And to top it all off, after she rang-up our merchandise, took our payment and BEFORE bagging it, she stopped and waited on someone else, without any explanation or apology. She was one of, if not THE RUDEST store clerks that I have ever witnessed. All this was without any provocation on our part, and was very difficult not to report her or say something to her. I have decided that I will call the phone number on the store receipt to report her after the fact, but there is no clerk number or name on the receipt. I might add that I do like HomeGoods merchandise, and have visited this same store over several years and will probably continue, that is, if I am not confronted with such unprofessional rudeness.

Gd

Comments

• Re
      13th of May, 2012

Home Goods in Bakersfield, California, is also filled with unprofessional staff. I figure it's just the was this company does business because their merchandise is unprofessional too! The store is always a mess and the merchandise is always chipped, dented, bent, broken, cracked or dirty! They play dirty tricks with their customers who don't have a receipt when they try to take the broken items back for an exchange. They reduce the price 50% and you can take it or leave it. My Mothers Day was ruined when I attempted to exchange a gift that was unexceptable to me. I was refused an exchange at the price of the merchandise. I didn't ask for money...just a like item that was in NEW condition. I will never spend another penny in a Home Goods Store or any of their other companies. I now refer to this store as NO GOODS! My home does not need their junk in it - at any price!