HomeAway.com / bad company
Trey Herschap has emailed a truly horrendous three page legal disclaimer. It is valid under the laws of the state of Texas. As I have never even been to Texas and am not resident in the US, it has no validity. But let us not tell him. After a month ceo Brian Sharples has replied to say that he has to leave legal matters to his staff as he does not have sufficient expertise. It might seem that his staff do not either in the international arena. He has confirmed as I thought that he read all my emails.
I will respect Trey Herschap's desire that I do not reveal whether or not Homeaway has refunded the $800 paid for my advertisement. But what I will say is that dealing with staff at the company in the UK and the US has been a truly depressing experience. They refused initially to remove an obvious libel. They refused to refund my subscription saying that I had canceled it myself. They demanded that I sign a horrible legal waiver, which could have placed all subsequent legal costs at my expense.
Potential advertisers will assess for themselves whether paying for an advertisement on a website which permits malicious and contradictory comments that are completely unfounded is a worthwhile investment. Maybe Brian Sharples should ponder this also, without recourse to his staff?
More HomeAway.com Complaints & Reviews
- Homeaway - worthless customer service 
- HomeAway.com - rental listing services complaint
- HomeAway.com - stay as far away from this company as you can
- HomeAway.com - scammed 
- HomeAway.com - property rented
- Homeaway - taxes and processing fee
- Homeaway - canadastays booking fee for reservation#b9v5wnh
- Homeaway - homeaway. nl – referentie 17006480 [ ref:_00d1azzrr._5001afnvuv:ref ]
- Homeaway.com.au - my home property 4828873; invasion of privacy 
- Homeaway - invoicing