Home Goods / credit card

US Review updated:

I opened up a credit with TJX because I was told that I would get 10% off of my initial purchase of over $800, which would be reflected in my first statement. It wasn't. When I called customer services, I was told it would be reflected in my next statement. It wasn't. After contacting them again, I was told that I was misinformed by the store and that there was no such promotion. They said there was nothing they could do. They also charged me a late fee on my payment when it was postmarked a day before it was due.

Sa
Mar 10, 2017

Comments

• Pc
      Oct 22, 2018

My husband opened up a credit with TJX and created an automatic payment at the same time he created one for our Lowes card. Then we got a late fee in a $2 dollar bill. We called the customer services, I was told that the automatic payment did not work (The Lowes credit did! Interesting!) then I explained to him that we never ever paid our bills after the due date. The staff clearly did not try to understand our position, by the contrary, he was very rude and disrespectful on the phone. My only alternative was to cancel my TJX credit card. So be aware if you plan to have a credit card with this store. They are not trustworthy and customer service is very poor. I wonder how much money they are making just with the late fee since many people have been complaining about this exact issue.