Home Depot Online / Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan / inferior product and service!

I purchased a Hampton Bay Callaway UU ceiling fan, Model: 526062 on April 27, 2007. The fan was purchased online from Home Depot The Vendor # is: 219030 and the UPC # is: [protected] (Tex. White. This fan came with a remote that controlled the light on the fan as well as the speed on the fan, et., al., It was installed by an electrician and it did work for little over a month or so, but just tonight June 8, 2007, about 9pm the fan blades and the light failed to go on, even though the remote worked telling me that something is drastically wrong. I see in the manual that came with this fan that it was made in Taiwan and just maybe the person who put the fan together didn't inspect the product before it went out for shipment. I am totally disgusted with Hampton Bay as well as Home Depot for carry such an inferior product. In the manual it states: that I have a Lifetime Limited Warranty on this product and if this is not settled to my satisfaction, then IU will turn it over to the proper authorities.

Ma

Comments

29th of May, 2008

I just had the Hampton Bay Callaway ll fan installed. One of the lightbulbs included was broken. This type is not available at Home Depot (I would guess also not at Lowes, too). Home Depot is sending another bulb (via the manuf.) but could take several weeks. What manufacturer would market a light that requires speciality bulbs. I do not know where to buy or how much. The manual says it is a 14W but no other info. It is a small twisting CFL but has 4 pins in the base instead of screw base.

Any ideas?

• De
      7th of Jun, 2008

If the fan is not responding to the remote or if the CFL light is a problem. Contact "King of Fans" who covers the warrenty for Hampton Bay. The contact number is 800.749.3267 for the lifetime warrenty.