Home Depot - North Pointe Drive Durham, NC / no employee ever showed up to help me

I was purchasing electrical supplies from Home Depot and could not find an item that I needed. I went to the "customer service" area and asked the woman behind the counter if there was someone in electrical that could help me. She said that she would call someone and picked up the phone and called someone. 15 minutes later I went back and told her that no employee ever showed up to help me. Again, she said that she would call them. I waited by the counter and listened to her talk to her co-worker about her weekend and personal matters. After 10 minutes I asked if there was anybody working in the electrical department and she told me that there was not anybody working in that department, but that she would try to help me. I was so frustrated that I put all of the items that I was going to buy on the counter and walked out and went to Lowe's.

Mb

Comments

• Br
      15th of May, 2008

Well, my experience has been with Lowe's not home depot. I visited the Lowe's store on William Penn in Durham twice in the last week. I have experienced sales personnel that totally ignored me and my call for help, while they were doing nothing. On one occassion I even asked the sales person if he saw me standing and waiting for him at least 15 mins, and he stated yes. While he was not assisting anyone, just ajusting the carpet role, he never said"I will be with you in a moment" or anything. I was only there because my job wanted to use the Lowe's card to purchase carpet, otherwise, I would have been at Home Depot.