Home Depot / Insurance Company (Home Installation, Home Improvements) / shotty, sloppy work performed!

SKIBOFayetteville, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 910-864-4002

I have had cabinets installed by home depot, pull out of existing cabinets started november 13th. Cabinet install on november 15th finishing the next day. The following day, we began to put our kitchen back together when we noticed a puddle of water on floor under dishwasher and all along wall of new cabinets. I made several phone calls to home depot, this happened on a saturday, the leak under dishwasher was not fixed until sunday, and they claimed as well as the plumbers that it was my fault. Note that my cabinets and plumbing and appliances all were in good condition just old. I was finally told that my problem was sent to their insurance company in atlanta, ga, which is called i believe chedwick. I was given a claim number and a phone number. That following monday, i called all day and left several messages, that tuesday, i called and left several messages, nothing. So i finally got a supervisor who told me that the person i was trying to reach was infact in his office, and she was not concerned by his lack of response.

I proceed to talk to this man in charge of my claim, who really does not care, does not ask questions and tells me it is the holidays and basically nothing can be done till after thanksgiving ( thanksgiving was still three days away).

So i ask this man again what do i need to do to get an adjuster out to my house to check damages, he asked why did i want an adjuster. I am furious by this time and once again tell him how my cabinets and floor are in a damp surface, he suggested i get a fan.

So i asked if this was something that needed to be handled in a court of law? He asked what it was i wanted and replied that he had 10 days to do his paper work. How can you do paper work without first, talking to me (i had to contact him) second, how can you do paper work and file a claim without an insurance adjuster telling you the damages? I am very disappointed in both home depot and the way they handled their business. To top all of this after my install they never even sent the cabinet inspector out after job was finished, if he would have come by he would and still can see and feel all the dampness under floor, which i assume is also under the new cabinets. Beware of home depot, they do shotty work, are not conserned with customer happiness, they only want your money, they will go out of their way but once they get you to sign , you are basically on your own. Another thing, when my cabinets finally were delivered to my house they sat in my garage for almost two weeks. The installers they hired to put in my cabinets did not even live in my city, they showed up at my house ever day at 11am and worked till 5:30.

I tried once again to contact home depot and resolve this matter by calling the main headquarters. I proceeded to talk to someone, i told them if i could not get help that i would go to military law but i would like to avoid that, at that point in the conversation, they said they would no longer talk to me. I asked why they said if that is the route you are taking we no longer have business with you, i said no i have not gone to anyone yet but i will if i do not get a response today, the lady replied that she could no longer help me.

What has this country come to? I do not understand why things so simple become such major issues for many. I simply wanted new cabinets to improve the value of my home, i had shotty, sloppy work performed that our hard earned money was just flushed away, and i can not even get an adjuster out through home depot. Hey they have my money and that is all that counts.

Comments

Fr
  23rd of Aug, 2008
Home Depot put vinyl siding and windows on our 2 story home, 2800 sq ft. 5 yrs later the window sills were rotted out and all around the patio doors and down the walls on both sides of the doors and windows. The upstairs windows leaked through the walls to the down stairs. The top floor warped with water over time. It rains on the inside of the windows now. It has been over a year since they were notified, they had an adjuster come out 10 months ago. Since then many people were sent out from home depot to look at the damages which get worse with every rain. Each person with home depot, installation manager, district manager, project manager all said you have extensive damages. Manager said they cut the vinyl siding wrong and didn't put the windows in far enough. Plus they put the wrong vinyl siding on for this area. (not approved per windstorm inspector) I told them I believe I have mold between the walls. The manager said he thought I should have it tested... which I did...and yes we have mold, the worst case and kind. Then I had a mold Remediator come give an estimate...over 200, 000 dollars in damages "plus". HD said they would redo the outside...replace all rotted wood and redo siding and windows. I haven't seen them. Now they want to send in a consulting group ..structural engineer. What now????? Trying to cover their a.. or get the consultant to help them out of a jam.

Home Depot Logo Home Depot