Complaints & Reviews

tree trimming and removal

They cut the wrong tree in my yard and then wanted to charge me
For it. They tore my yard up and put a hole in my roof. After doing some research they sell to people that have no clue about trees and think a few days of training will get them good to go. If you look them up they have had franchise employees killed on the job because they hire inexperienced people that's how their price is so low. Stay away from them. After some research in my area they destroyed an rv on one job broke windows and driveways on another. I've heard from my cousin in another town from
Another franchise they dumped hydraulic fluid all down the road while driving. Stay away from these people. Their only good quality is they don't hire illegals but they don't pay for quality employees. The ones that showed up at my house looked like that had been on a two week meth bender. There website is whymonster.com they got it right except should be whyhiremonster.com

MONSTER TREE SERVICEWorst Company and Owner you can find

My neighbors hired this company to remove a tree between our houses (town houses). They wanted to hire them based off price and like always, you get what you pay for. They left saw duct all over everyone's properties. Cracked the arm of my Adirondack chair from a falling branch and it's been 6 months since and still they have yet to pay for any damages they cost and even returned the ground out the stump my neighbors have in their front yard that they paid to have removed as well. Good luck getting Josh (the owner)to return any calls or emails. He hides from his customers because he knows what kind of company he runs and that they pride themselves in doing half *** work.

• Jl
    J.L. Lee Dec 12, 2012

I had a horrible experience with Monster Tree Service too!! From the postings on every site, i am not alone! I can't believe how many people specifically name "josh" the owner and all their bad experiences with him.

• Jl
    J.L. Lee Dec 12, 2012

I also had a terrible experience with monster tree service! There are so many terrible reviews of the company and the owner.

• Ed
    ed fodson Mar 06, 2014

Why? I had a great experience

• Ho
    Home owner in Woodbury, MN Oct 06, 2014

I don't know how Monster tree service stays in business? Their responsiveness is horrible(took 2 weeks and 3 phone calls to get a reply and set up an estimate). The guy came out a few days later. During the walk around my property he took no notes and was more interested in telling me about their company and expansion in the area. I was promised that s quote would arrive within 24hrs. 5 days later nothing. I inquired about the quote. It arrived the next day but was inaccurate and was missing key info that I had requested. I asked for an updated quote. 3 more days went by. The guy from Monster said he wanted to come back out to walk around the property again. I already had another quote and decided not to waste any more time with Monster. This process took a month. Don't waste your time with these guys!

• Tb
    Tbone64 Oct 21, 2019

@Home owner in Woodbury, MN Same experience to a tee, shady sales and business practices all around.

• Ji
    Jim Ro Nov 07, 2014

(Copied from my Yelp review) What a despicable company. Monster Tree service took it upon themselves to use the driveway of my rental house (preventing 2 of my 3 tenants from parking) to park their large truck and wood chipper as well as the area in front of my garage to use chainsaws to cut logs. They never asked permission and when I caught them in the act, they acted like "that's the way it is". When I called the company and complained, I was given a phony apology, told they would be finished within the hour, that they would clean up and it would never happen again. 9 DAYS LATER on a SUNDAY MORNING, they were back using my driveway with their front end loader to finish the job. They woke my tenants up (again), driving within 10 ft of their bedroom window. I confronted the driver and after he gave me attitude, I told him to leave. I called the office again and left a message. No reply. If you are considering using Monster Tree Service, I highly recommend that you reconsider. Even if they do a decent job (and their online reviews including the Better Business Bureau indicate otherwise) They will likely make enemies of your neighbors.