Home Depot / installation damage

1 Tampa, FL, United States

Good morning, my name is Shawn Wallis and my wife and I purchased a kitchen set from your Zephyrhills, Fl location. A delivery of a stainless steel fridge, oven, dishwasher and microwave occurred on Saturday. Before installation began, my wife asked the two young spanish men if they were certified installers. They both said yes and they proceeded with the installation. Towards the end of the projects, one of the men needed to turn off the water to the dishwasher. The shut off valve was located next to the sink, but he refused to use the valve and insisted his worker go to the side of our house and use the valve there. With no experience in what he was doing, he insisted on breaking the valve and it immediately shut the water off to the house. They went to my wife and told her it was broken and they couldn't do anything about it. When my wife turned her back on them to investigate, they both packed up their remaining things and drove away. They left the old refrigerator in the kitchen and left a huge mess.

We called the local home depot at [protected])and with no help by Kathy (Store Manager), we were left to hire our own plumber and it cost me $550. The plumber stated that the valve was broken with blunt force going the wrong way and it needed to be replaced.

We were left with a huge refrigerator in the middle of our kitchen, so my wife and I had to move it into the garage. The installers were supposed to move it in the garage as instructed with a dolly, but since my wife and I had to move it, we scratched the tiles on the floor.

We are asking Home Depot to pay for all damage and call us to rectify this. We were told to call the GE installers to start a claim, but they have been no help. We were told to call tuesday (tomorrow). We still have the plan to call them, but we have been treated terribly since. I will say that Kathy the store manager has helped a little, but she was hugely unsuccessful getting a plumber out.

Sh