Home Depot / terrible company

Home depot day by day really going down. Looks like they are not interested in customer satisfaction any more! They used to be really good and quick in their job but now they have really fallen down. They were the best. That is what I thought. But now they have become one of the worst. I used to go to them for everything. From purchasing stuff to home cor to anything they have. But now before I go there I think a thousand times whether I should or shouldn't. The last time I went there I had a terrible experience. I was there without any assistance. I had to look all over the place for what I was looking and I wasted so much time doing that. I could not even find any one around to help me out. I am very disappointed with them. They have really let a true and loyal customer down. I will give them one more chance but if again they fail to impress me then they will lose me as a customer for sure.

Ha

Comments

• Be
      11th of Jul, 2009

Wanted to charge on Expo card and could not use my card at Home Depot. Expo has been liquidated for months. This should have been transferees.

• Co
      1st of Aug, 2009

Home Depot sells Husky Tools' air compressors that break after a short time. The compressor is belt driven and the belt is such a bad quality belt, it breaks after very little use. You can't replace the belt. Your only option is to buy the whole assembly for $109. The compressor sold new is $169. Home Depot and Husky Tools both were very rude and did not share any responsibility for selling or manufacturing such cheezy compressors.

• El
      31st of Aug, 2009

That sucks, but product research go a long way here. I work at Menard's and we sell Tool Shop. They are pretty much the crappiest tools I have EVER seen. Hence why they have a lifetime warranty, hence why everyone buys them. I'm not totally sure about what the other stores have that's crappy, but I do know that Home Depot carries some nice brands. Doing some research and product comparison before you buy can save you a lot of trouble in the long run.

• Ho
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Hi this is Michael from Home Depot Customer Care, I’m sorry about your experience with us in our store. We are making a lot of improvements in our stores, and your feedback helps. If you would like to share more details, feel free to send me an email.
    Please try us again soon.

Michael
    Customer Care
    The Home Depot
    Atlanta, GA 30339
    michael_care@homedepot.com

• He
      7th of Dec, 2009

On Thursday Sept 27 I visited Home Depot to Purchase a hot water heater, they had no one working in the plumbing dept to assist me, I then went to customer service and they put me on the phone to set this up.I was assured that the water heater would be installed the next day before I purchased it.I was told someone would call me in the morning.I take the day off losing pay and someone calls me from plumbing company @ 11:30 to tell me they are going to install on Sat instead of Friday.I then call customer service to find out why I was told it would be installed and its not, was put on hold and never got an answer.This is really a way to treat a customer after they spend $ 700.00 @ your store.Home Depot will not get my business anymore.

• As
      8th of Dec, 2009

The Wal=Mart Company here in Grants, New Mexico knows that that the townspeople have no choice but to go to them since we are about 80 miles from a city. Their handicap spaces are always taken by people with no placards! We have had to walk from the last aisle way out in nowhere because of this. We have complained but they don't listen. And try to find a manager, you mught as well go look for gold. I have seen 80 yr. old people have to take out their wheelchair and go into the store from where they parked way off somewhere in the parking lot. What would it take to have someone in charge check the handicap parking areas once in a while? When you see a teenager get into a car in the handicap parking, throw yourself down and tell them you can't go any further because they took your parking place.