Home Depot / poor quality product!

1 United States

On Aug.2, 2007, we bought a Cadet Cub riding mower from Home Depot for $2138.92. It broke after 2 days of use, on the 4th. I called the local manager of the store who rudely told me when it's sold it's no longer their responsibility, call the factory. I placed three calls to the District Mgr. in Tampa, Omar Lopez [protected]),who had happened to be in H.D. the day I bought the mower and had sold it to me in person. He did not return any of my calls. I then called Customer Service on August 7 where a supervisor, "Ebony," told me once a mower is sold it is no longer H.D.'s responsibility and they would not accept its return. She would not give me Lopez' email or a phone number where a real person would answer. On August 8 I emailed the Cub Cadet customer service department. A very helpful woman, Katrina C., [protected])authorized repairs at Tropical Lawnmower [protected]). On August 14, Tropical picked up the mower, returning it on August 21. After 2 hours use, it broke again. They picked it up for the second time on August 22, returning it on August 25. After two hours of use it broke for the third time. I put it in dispute with Discover on August 27 and am waiting for their decision. I am concerned that since we are now in the height of hurricane season, a storm will damage this mower and they will insist that I pay for it.

My advice: buy nails and WD40 at H.D. if you must, but otherwise, go to Lowe's or your local hardware store.