Home Depot / rip off

Aug. 1, 2008. Purchased a new Maytag Washer with delivery and installation. Delivery was made but installation not completed. Delivery caused property damage (Porcelin chips (2) on bathtub.

Aug. 8. Installation continues. Technician requests a fee of $150.00 to add 27" of drain hose which I refused to pay.

Aug 15. Third attempt to complete installation. Technician arrives late, no parts with him. Does nothing but charges Maytag/Home Depot $89.00 for service.

Aug 19 Fourth attempt to complete inst. Success. However, chipped bathtub does not get repaired requires homeowner to suffer loss.

Al

Comments

• Va
      16th of May, 2008

Home Depot Garden Club coupons are useless in Hawaii. After a year of getting emails, I finally decided to try one of these coupons to get two plants. I was first told the computer said I already had used it. I complained to the manager that I had just printed the coupon that morning. Then she said they don't take any Internet coupons. She then said I could redeem the coupon online. I pointed out that it is illegal to ship plants with dirt to Hawaii - she says Home Depot can. At that point, I lost my temper and THEN the manager wants to give me the coupon deal. Forget it - what crappy service and what a rip-off!

• Va
      16th of May, 2008

I ordered the gas water heater with installation from the home depot 800 number. The total cost was $720 for the 40 gal. Water heater and installation. They sent a plumber from Delta plumbing. This guy looked at the furnace and the attic and listed all the problems that he says must be fixed to meet the city code. One of the problems he listed was that the vent coming out of the roof was too short. He said it would cost an additional $850 to fix all the problems - so the total would be 1770, for a water heater w/ installation!

I cancelled the installation and paid the $50.00 no refund charge. After he left I went into the attic and found that the pipes had been disconnected. After re-connecting the pipes, the vent coming out of the roof was about 3 times the length that it was when he pointed it out to me. I thought maybe the pipes jus got disconnected by accident or something. But then I went and looked at a recent photo from 2 months ago, and the vent looked fine. I don't know why this plumber did that. I am enough of a sucker that he could have just told me a bunch of lies about what needed to be done and I would have probably gone along with him, instead of disconnecting the pipes like he did.

• Bi
      26th of Jun, 2012

Why even bother with Home Depot delivery and installation. Lowes will match the product price and deliver it and set it up for free unless you have do some work to make the site ready for install.