Home Depot / returns nightmare
I purchased an item online that was named incorrectly on the website. I returned it immediately and requested credit for shipping as well, as the item was named and described wrong on the website.
Not only were none of my requests acted on, but it is impossible to plead your case directly to the returns department, as they do not take calls or emails. I was promised twice they would call me, they never did.
On my most recent call I was told that none of my requests were passed on to the returns department, neither for the full credit, nor for the return call I was promised twice.
To add insult to injury I was told that the partial credit was made by issuing me a gift card!
I would by no means use the gift card, as I would not purchase from their online department again!
Incompetence added to an unworkable policy and structure.
Return an item and get a gift card instead of a refund! Outrageous.
More Home Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet 
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes 
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card! 
- American Craftsman Windows At Home Depot - windows 
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - Employees 
- Home Depot - delivery
- Home Depot - service
- Home Depot - dishwasher 
- Home Depot - staffing and blocked aisles
- Home Depot - homedepot.com and home depot survey