Home Depot - Biloxi, Mississippi / home depot had sold my appliances to somebody else

I purchased 4 appliances from Home Depot in Biloxi Mississippi to repair our Hurricane Katrina damaged home in Long Beach Mississippi. I bought some of them on clearance. I paid for them and when I came to pick them up a week later Home Depot had sold them again to somebody else. They then offered me lesser appliances for the price of the reduced ones. Instead I returned all of the Items and I will never shop there again.

Jo

Comments

• St
      26th of Apr, 2009

It is not Home Depot's responsibility to store your purchases for you until it is convenient for you to pick them up. Same day or next day pickup, but not a week. What did you expect when those stores were packed daily after the storm? I think Home Depot will survive without your patronage.

• Ta
      27th of Jun, 2010

I disagree. The fact was this person purchased the items. 4 items to be exact. For a store to sell of items you purchased is just wrong. I don't care how busy the store was after the storm. Those appliances needed to be put in a reserved section for the customer who purchased them.

Why should you pay for lesser appliances, or receive things of a lower value when you spent your hard earned money on what you ordered.

I see no reason why the warehouse could not have been called to have this person wait to get what they ordered. It'd be a pain, but it would have saved a lot of frustration.

Even though it passed this is just a lesson that you should go the next day. Also man, have a little compassion. Hurricane Katrine was a terrible storm. Put yourself in somebody else's shoes, and think of how you might feel.