Hobby Lobby / avoid at all costs

United States Review updated:

On September 22, 2009 I bought 9 coin collecting books, at full price, at Hobby Lobby #70 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I was again in the store on October 3, 2009 for other purchases. The store clerk took me to the same aisle as the coin books and I saw they were on sale for 30% off. The clerk told me if I brought the books and receipt in, within 2 weeks of purchase, I would receive the discounted price. I returned on October 5th with the books and receipt and was turned away "because the items are no longer on sale according to the newspaper ad". I have always favored HL above other craft stores and drive much further to get to this store. Guess I will just drive down the street to Michael's from now on. I suggest HL train all their clerks on the store policies and get everyone on the same page. I don't think I'm the only person who doesn't appreciate being sent on wild goose chases and this is going to cost HL at least one loyal customer.

Tr

Comments

• Je
      17th of Apr, 2011

1) I have worked at Hobby Lobby for over 2 years, and this kind of stuff happens all the time because people refuse to listen. Sales change WEEKLY at Hob Lob therefore customers always have 7 days to get a price adjustment, never 2 weeks.
    2) It says DIRECTLY in the return policy that the store has a right to refuse a refund. Any merchant has the right to refuse a refund, no matter what the reason. Get pissed if you want, but that's how it is and that's how its always going to be.

If you have such a problem not getting a discount, return all the items and never show your face in the store again. No doubt, the people at Hob Lob, especially the cashiers and managers, work their [censor] off trying to please everyone. We deal with a lot, I personally have been called a slut, [censor], skank, [censored], for DOING MY JOB. One customer like you, who doesnt even appreciate the fact that Hobby Lobby is willing at all to give people price adjustments when a lot of stores don't even do that, will just make the job easier for us to not have to deal with you.

• Ho
      17th of Nov, 2011

We went into a hobby lobby last evening and purchased four items for our daughters project. When we got home we noticed the receipt charged us $5.99 for an item that was marked 0.99c ... called the store to complain and they told us the only way they would fix this error was to review their store tapes to make sure we weren't stealing product - WTF? Are you serious?

• Gk
      20th of Nov, 2011

To the arrogant jerk jellohattingcc that commented about customers (WHO PAY THAT ### HIS OR HER SALARY BY THE WAY) I say I will be glad when your ### is unemployed when 90 percent of people will buy on the Internet by 2030; or maybe your ### will be on SS by then!!!

Well, first of all I want to say that I gave this place one star because there was nothing lower listed!!!; this place gave me a very difficult time over an exchange of a tube of glue that was defective and didn't do what is said it does in the first place. The return guy is some weirdo that has a personality like a cross between Sherlock Holmes' sidekick and the Nutty Professor.

This is what happened, I went to return this Tiger Bond glue that is inferior like I said, this hick head cashier said they couldn't return it because it was opened; well of course it had been opened I stated, how could I know that it was no good??; by the way Michael's takes things back like that with no problem whatsoever; defective products do exist but not according to Hobby Lobby; or should I say Hobby Lowly!; anyway I said that this was freaking ( the other word because I was furious at this point as ANYONE would be) ridiculous and needed to see a supervisor; I was saying under my breath, stupid hicks; anyway the Buford C. Justice came over with his 46 waist self and asked me if it was defective ( keep in mind this is all over a 4.99 tube of glue that cost maybe .75 to make in China no doubt) and said he would return it and then asked me to refrain from using bad language and I said "sure, when I stop getting slack for stupid things over here and then he took the wrapper the glue came in, handed me the glue back and told me to take my glue and leave!

That is real good customer service don't you all think so? He infuriated me to the point where I took the glue I was going to get and threw it in basket next to the register and said" you know what?, you can take this glue and shove it up your ###!!; I know that was wrong but what would you do if this happened to you? ; especially over a 4.99 tube of glue that doesn't work to begin with?? I was probably irritated as well over being treated rude a week ago when I was asking a question.

Hobby Lobby, or should I say HOBBY LOWLY, never has enough employees and there is NEVER anyone around to ask for help.

DON'T SHOP AT THIS STORE!!!; EVER! I find 90% of what I need on the Internet and that is where we ALL should shop. companies hire many individuals that don't belong there and this is the result; also this isn't a racial thing either; everyone was white as I am.

• Gk
      20th of Nov, 2011

THIS WAS AT THE COVINGTON LOUISIANA LOCATION BY THE WAY, OR SHOULD I SAY HICK INGTON!!!