Hitachi Ac / Poor Product with worst service

India Review updated:
Sunny Bansal
Problems with my AC unit from the date of installation are as follows:-
o Very Less Cooling.
o Poor Airflow.
o Takes more time to cool like air cooler.
o Sometimes running (operating) whole night to reach the desired temperature but never reached after continuous operation.
o Sometimes Compressor stops working or not able to start automatically.
o Sometimes thermostat doesn’t cut even reached at (25oC) desired set temperature.
o Consumes more electricity.(Approx 25% higher than others)
o Automatically switches to OFF mode.
o Filter Clean Warning Indicator while filter is cleaned.

 Some of false commitment and fake information provided by the dealer and Mr. Ravi Sharma at the time of pre-sales enquiry are as following:-
1. Hitachi AC cools faster than OGENERAL, VOLTAS, BLUE STAR and CARRIER.
2. Faster and Maximum AIRFLOW.
3. Chills the room in a very less time.
4. No comparison with SAMSUNG, LG, GODREJ, WHIRLPOOL etc.
5. Lowest electricity Consumption.
6. No.1 in window AC’s.
7. Best after sale support.

 Some of the excuses given by dealer:-
1. Due to screeching summer it’s less effective. [While others AC is perfectly working]
2. They agreed that its flow is slow that’s why it takes time to chill the room. [Double time than others]
3. Due to double air flow design, this model has a problem, even they also discussed with company technicians. [Still they are selling and make customer fool]

I request you to help me regarding refund my amount as early as possible. After that bad experience, nobody wants to continue with HITACHI. It had not only the manufacturing defect since beginning and act & conduct of Dealer and Company officials also remained rude and irresponsible in providing service the AC Unit to me which certainly proves the deficiency of service. I could not get any resolution for the purpose I purchased moreover I involved in contacting and has thus resulted in physical and mental agony to me.

Most of the Indians are cheated by HITACHI due to weak INDIAN Govt. policies and time consuming legal support. These types of foreign companies are continues selling their poor quality products without any hesitation. Indian Govt. should banned these products and apply quality norms strictly as applicable in other countries.

Some of the consumer complaints who were also cheated by HITACHI are available online. Links are as follows:-

N  10th of Apr, 2010 by

HITACHI AC - Installation of AC

I purchased Hitachi AC thinking the product is good. I experienced very bad customer service. I purchased it on 4th April in Rathna Fan house in Chennai and the ac got delivered to my on 6th April 2010.
Till date (10th april 2010), the AC have not yet installed. I called immediately to the number given by the dealer for the installation, they informed it will be installed the next day on 7th. However, they haven't turned back. I called again and again the next day, the number was swtiched off and the other number was always busy. Once I got the line and shouted at them to install, they called after 5 mins and informed it will be done by next day 10th April and again it was a lie from them . I contacted Dealer to get the number, found the hitachi customer support haven't booked my order to install the AC. This is the worst service I ever experienced from a MNC company that too. Almost I have called all the known numbers in Hitachi and nothing has worked out. Please let me know how should I proceed with this. How can I file a consumer Complaint on this.

Satish R
N  1st of Jun, 2012 by

HITACHI AC - Ac on fire

I had purchased hitachi follow me ac, model no. RAV 023EQD on 18th april 2010 from Malhotra Enterprises which is an authorised dealer of hitachi in delhi ncr.On 30th may 2012 at 130am the ac started emitting smoke and immediately caught fire.This was disastrous as the ac burnt down completely and the fire spread to other areas of the room. Such a technical blunder from an appliance such as an ac is completely unacceptable, as, if i was asleep at that hour of the night my family (which includes my two year old daughter) and i would have died that night. We have yet to come to terms with the horror that has happened. I hope that this grave incident is looked into at the earliest and i be compensated for all the damages caused.
N  23rd of Jun, 2012 by

HITACHI AC - Service failure
Sunil Mehta

Hi recently bought a Hitachi AC 1.5 ton with 5 Star rating.
The AC was installed after a delay of 3 days but did not cool properly.
We used it for some time thinking it will become OK but after about 2 months we legged a complaint to the call centre on 18/June complaint no 12061803109.
Promptly the service Desk executive informed us that the compakint would be solved within 48 hours. I called the desk again on 20/June as no response came from Hitachi.
They escalated the call but still no response till 22/June where I had to call again.
The last call I gave was 24/June and till the neither the SD nor anyone in the department had any clues on what is the status of the call and why the SLAbreach has happened. All they ke saying that the matter has been again sent totheNoidaservice centre. I am unabletouse the AC inthehot weather and the whole purpose orbiting the AC is getting defeated. Also I had heard very good feedback onHitachi products but after my experience withtheHitachi product I will never buy products from Hitachi again.
I would like Hitachi to take back the AC and refund my entire amount

Kind Regards,

Sunil Mehta
98100 46590
N  29th of May, 2013 by

HITACHI AC - Hitachi AC Service is Horrible

Hitachi after sales service is pathetic...I bought Hitachi Ac and asked them for 2nd service under warranty, their technician spoiled the circuit of my AC and even after that it's near about a week my AC is not working...i have called their customer service more than 100 times(only 5-6 time got connected) and each time that SOP written statement- Sorry for trouble. No resolution for my problem.
Even they don't provide the address of their service center(Vasundhara Ghaziabad). This is b/c their service centers are operating under some house in residential areas which is illegal...they are also breaking the law by running the service centers in residentail areas...

Called Service center more than 200 times in last 5 days but no response, somehow searched the address of their service center and when i reached their I found that they put off their landline phone...

I will not go for any product of Hitachi in future and tell my friends to avoid this company...

Horrible experience...

Unprofessional people...

I want Hitachi to refund the cost of my AC...

Complaint No: 13052700866
N  8th of Jun, 2013 by

HITACHI AC - Hitachi AC Service is Horrible
Instrumention aircon

Hitachi ac not working since it was installed ..complain was filed again and again but no response for the service ..do help otherwise a step is taken against company and dealer for selling old stock and case of thugging

Hitachi Logo Hitachi